Review: Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever

Friday, November 23, 2012

So in my last haul I mentioned that I purchased (after what seems like ages of searching) Etude House's Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Stick.

Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Stick Review

I first discovered this product in one of my first visits to an Etude House boutique. I didn't feel the immediate need to buy it so I put it down and vowed to get it later, but to my dismay the next time I went, it was sold out. Apparently, it's a pretty hot item, especially here in the Philippines

I'm not going to lie, my skin isn't as bad as I think it is, but one thing I can't deny is that my pores are horrid, especially towards the end of the day. They're bumpy and totally show up especially when it's humid. I've been trying gel based primers but they only tend to worsen the problem, so when I saw this in stick form, I thought why not?

Claims:
"Soilid stick primer masks pores to subdue sebum and improve makeup coverage"
Basically, it claims that it evens out pores and serves as a carpet canvas to even out your skin while at the same time subduing sebum production so pores don't appear clogged throughout the day, even with makeup on.

Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Stick Review

It's a solid stick that almost appears waxy, but when you apply it, it almost feels as if there's a thin sheet of translucent powder covering your face. This also works pretty well with fine lines. You'll notice it even when first testing it out on your fingertips. It'll feel as if the grooves of your fingerprints disappear completely and leave but a smooth surface.

Directions:
"Twist to dispense an use stick to apply directly to visible pores."
Simple enough. What I do is I apply a little of the product onto my skin (crayon style) and just spread it out with my ring finger.
It's not the most hygienic of application processes so it's assume you do this step with a freshly cleansed and moisturized face. Using this product without cleansing is an extreme no-no because it covers up pores, so any dirt you may have accumulated gets stuck in there, and you wouldn't want that.

Ingredients:
I think the main ingredients in this are Silicone derivatives, so if you have a history of breakouts in reaction with silicone, this might not be the product for you. Also of note is that this product contains Mango Seed Butter. I know of a few people with allergies to some derivatives of mango so you might want to stay away from this as well if so.

Amount of Product:
You get 4.5 grams or 0.15 oz in the stick. It's actually a pretty good deal since you don't use of it much anyway (only on areas with visible pores), plus a little goes a long way. So while it may look like a small product if compared to amount with stick concealers for example, you use it much less which means you get more than enough product for what you pay for.

Results:
I think before I go into the results, it's worth mentioning what my skin type is, because more often than not, this is a determining factor as to whether or not this product will work for some people.

I have combination skin that is not very sensitive at all. My t-zone and middle face area get the oiliest towards the end of the day, but the rest of my skin is relatively normal. I have no prominent skin allergies or discoloration and rarely breakout.

Now that that's out of the way, onto the results.

Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Stick Review

On preliminary application, it's pretty obvious how it smoothens out the surface of my skin and fills in gaps in my pores. Obviously because it's a primer it serves as the base of all your makeup. I applied primer on my problem areas (the area between my nose and cheeks, as well as the side of my nose) and it visibly improved the surface of my skin. Also, when I ran my finger over the area it felt much smoother. I also found that my BB Cream and Concealer (not shown) applied more evenly after application.

Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Stick Review
Click to Enlarge

Yeah, it pretty much works. I wore this makeup for 12 hours straight (not shown), and while usually the area circled would be gross, oily and clogged, after just a few days of use of the primer, I found that the oil production there seemed a little bit suspended. My pores didn't look as clogged and my skin was still relatively smooth.

If the stick version isn't for you however, Etude House also carries an essence variant called Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence that's quite similar to Benefit's POREfessional. You can check out a review and comparison between the Essence and Stick by clicking here.

So overall, in terms of efficacy for my skin type, I think it did its job quite well. Compared to other primers out there, it's also relatively cheap and accessible in Asian countries, but for Europe and the U.S. it might be difficult to get your hands on this (though it might be worth it).

So that's it for my review. Stay tuned for my review on Etude House's Drawing Show Dot Liner!

 Please feel free to request reviews from my previous hauls or suggest products for me to review.

Ada, signing out.

Get Quality Website Philippines

40 comments:

Tea said...

woah the pore coverage is amazing! No wonder it's a hot product :D
also, why is your skin so perfect?

anyajang said...

seems like a good product ^-^ u are very pretty btw~
http://anya-jang.blogspot.com

Yuri said...

Your skin is amazing! You don't even need the bb cream! lol But it looks great with it as well :] will probably check out this product~

S Kallisto said...

:O
The Perfect product for me!!

Dawnelia said...

I need this in my life. Hahah I notice the improvement of your skin texture and the pores are less noticeable :D

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

Gurl i think i need this one! Ada u have no pores, i have pores!! T^T oily-acne prone skin snif snif~ im using loreal as primer for my pores but somehow its caking when i put on my powder, but it works well on bb creams, does this cake with powder though?
~aMz/aiMee http://amz88.blogspot.com/ <3

Ada Agupitan said...

In all honesty, it's not perfect at all x_x I have a lot of bad habits when it comes to my face, particularly not even using facial wash and just using the same soap I use for my body (I know, disgusting). But it I find that facial mask sheets really keep my facial skin quite healthy :P They're really worth the investment :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, thanks~ :)

Ada Agupitan said...

It only looks like that after it's freshly cleansed, trust me haha. Towards the end of the day, I look like a haggard mess without makeup :P BB Cream keeps all that in check. But I admit, I'm pretty blessed for having skin that doesn't act up too much when experimenting with new products :3

Ada Agupitan said...

Glad I was able to help! You should try it out!

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? I was doubtful at first, but it really works haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Di mo lang kita pero meron yan. At the end of the day, most of the time kung wala akong primer na nilagay grabe, ang clogged nila tingnan.


The second picture (full makeup) has me with BB Cream (light coverage), Foundation and concealer on the undereyes (medium coverage), and powder all over my face (setting). As long as moderate lang yung application mo at di ka nag-overboard sa liquid products (like concealer and additional foundation) di naman siya nag-c-cake. Pero tip ko lang yun. Meron talagang mga combination of products na over time, nag-c-cake talaga. Pero for me, after 12 hours, di naman siya nagcake :3

Sapphire said...

Hey, i'm a new followers! I have to say i really admire the fact you do posts without makeup, so few bloggers do this ><
I really like your reviews, can't wait to read more :)

Sapphire
http://littleowldiary.blogspot.co.uk
xo

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww shucks, thanks for dropping by :3 When I do reviews I think it's necessary to show a makeup-less face, especially if I think a product works. Just so I can show how well it does LOL. We all have our insecurities, and I was expecting people to comment on my humongous eyebags, but surprisingly they didn't and appreciated it as well. So I'm glad you're one of those people :3


thanks for following! I'll be sure to follow back ;)

Marxi said...

you have a really nice skin tbh. :) I think I'm going to have to include it on my next Etude House purchase. I followed you btw.



http://aegyoprincess.blogspot.com

Amandaaa said...

Omg I think I need this... Ahaha you really remind me of Victoria from f(x) :) so pretty!

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks :)) I think it's just my genetics :P You should definitely try it out. If the stick version doesn't turn out to be your thing, there's also a cream version. :)


Thanks also for following! I'll follow you back as well :3

Ada Agupitan said...

haha I wouldn't say "need". You seem to have awesome skin already. I think it's just a supplementary that makes everything else look so much better haha. Thanks also btw. I think I only look like her because of my bangs LOL. ordinarily I look nothing like her :P

katrina maryse villanueva said...

i will definitely try this one out .

brushesandpens.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

You should! It's one of their more unique and effective products :P

Armel Madsen said...

awesome! you think i could use this? :)

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

Ada Agupitan said...

I don't see why not :P The only problem is that it goes on transparent/translucent, so while the surface of your skin feels smoother, it doesn't actually conceal pores. It just fills them in. You might want to add a tinted moisturizer if ever you want a smooth skin look. IMO, BB cream and tinted moisturizer are totally male-safe. People just need to get over the stigma haha.

katrina maryse villanueva said...

i will definitely do just that .
i love etude house products !
:D

frozenblossomsbysenzy said...

Nice review :)

Sapphire said...

That's okay!
Yeah i agree, people should never be ashamed to go makeup free. People aren't born without makeup & it's more unnatural to wear it! I'm sure my eye bags are worse, i'm so paranoid about them 8D & thanks~

Sapphire
xo

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! :)

Inge Lakawa said...

you have a nice skin. i have a really big pore =.= maybe i will try this. nice review!

visit my blog ^^
www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks. This really helps conceal pores, but if you want to minimize them permanently you might want to try some of Etude House's other products like their Wonder Pore collection :)

chamee pecson said...

i'd like to try this one. I'm using the benefit porefessional and it's a bit expensive. :)

http://blog.misslitratista.com

Ada Agupitan said...

I know! I saw some on sale. If you're looking for a serum type pore primer, Etude also has one just like benefit porefessional. I prefer the stick form though because It's easier for me to target areas that need priming :)

Thuy Vu said...

Your skin is so nice!

miss17february.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks :) I think it's genetics haha

catherine wijaya said...

okayy , this product will be my wishlist xD


catherine-widjaja.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha it's definitely one of my essentials. Tell me when you get it or what you think of it when you do :)

Maryam Hassan said...

My Dad should buy this for me...really. lol!

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha you should tell him; In fairness, the Etude House Sale is happening soon ahaha :P

Maryam Hassan said...

Really? When? OMG!!!! This is a must!

Maryam Hassan said...

Will sure do. Thank you! ^_____^

Sarah said...

what bb cream did you use here.. looks fab

Rubie Lapena said...

omg wow thanks for sharing! i think i'll try this out!!!!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...