Art Post: Yabu Kota

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hey guys! I'm back with another Art post. This time it's fanart of one of my nii-bans (2nd biases) in Hey! Say! JUMP, Yabu Kota.

A little background on my fangirling of Yabu before I proceed. I've been a fan practically since Yabu started out in a Johnny's Jr. group called Yayayah back in 2004. Ever since then I've been taken by his little chipmunk voice and contagious smile. He, together with his never-ending OTP Hikaru occupy second place in my Johnny's heart and he's the easier of the two to draw on paper in my style. I've actually drawn him once before, but I messed up his proportions so badly that you probably can't even tell it's him. And that was with a reference. This sketch, however, I did without a reference and from sheer memory of him. Yeah. I'm getting better ;)

This is the original sketch on paper.

Hey! Say! JUMP's Yabu Kota 薮 宏太 by Ada Agupitan Drawing Sketch お絵描き

Yeah, I need to start taking better care of the papers I sketch on. I mostly just cram them in my bag and when I take them home they're all crumpled like the one above. Meh. I didn't bother lining the sketch or cleaning it up as my tablet is currently dead, and doing so with a mouse would be too much work, so I went on ahead and colored it directly. Let's just pretend the paper texture and creases add a nice textured effect to the drawing, shall we?

Hey! Say! JUMP's Yabu Kota 薮 宏太 Colored by Ada Agupitan Drawing Sketch お絵描き

Haha don't ask me why he's in such fugly clothes. Since it's without a reference I went on and drew whatever clothes I could think of, and I think it's safe to say that I've lost some of my mojo when it comes to men's fashion. I think the one qualm I have about this piece (aside from the excessive body length) is that I couldn't seem to get Yabu's smiling eyes down. I mean seriously. He has one of the best eye-smiles ever and in this picture he just looks so dead D: I'm horrible at this. Forgive me.

Owell, that's it for now. I have a few more lined up but I don't actually have all the time in the world to finish them. I'm contemplating just uploading the scans and not even bothering to color them. That or I'll stick to traditional media.

Ada, signing out. xoxo
Get Quality Website Philippines

10 comments:

Kirsten Stephenson said...

Amazing art skills! ♥

Miki Chelle said...

mwaaaaaaa~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KOU-CHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!
oh my, I really hope I have that art blood of yours, Ada D:
anyway, this is really nice!! :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! :3

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha everyone has art skill in them - just in different areas haha. If you want you can make a request and I can try drawing it for you (you'll be part of the creative process) hahaha.

Jing-Jing said...

Wow you drew this without references?!
You are REALLY good at drawing :O !

Miki Chelle said...

yeah, i guess so xD
YAY!!! wait for my request, I'm going to search some pictures from my hard-disk xDDD

Ada Agupitan said...

I think the longer I stare at someone, the easier it is for me to draw them. Hence it was easy for me to draw Yabu ahahaha. I am such a fangirl :P Thanks for the comment! :3

Armel Madsen said...

wow! cool sketch, ada! i do hope you take care of the papers you sketch on :)


- halfwhiteboy

Miki Chelle said...

yeah, i guess so xD
YAY!!! wait for my request, I'm going to search some pictures from my hard-disk xDDD

Jing-Jing said...

Wow you drew this without references?!
You are REALLY good at drawing :O !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...