Review: TonyMoly Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner #3

Monday, February 25, 2013

Hey guys! Did you enjoy my last post? If you did, you might like this post as well, because one of the most important aspects of achieving a dolly look is picking the right lipcolor, and one of the most important ways to get that true lip is by achieving it with a sturdy base.

I actually used TonyMoly's Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner in #3 Nude Beige/Pink as the base for my milky nude lips for the look, and although the gloss may have faded over time, the color stayed put for a good 5 hours! That's without food or drink of course, which is more than I can say for a lot of other lip products out there.

Fact of the matter is, lip liner helps prevent bleeding of lipsticks, provides a good base color as an alternative to lip concealer, especially for very pigmented lips, and also gives your lipsticks and glosses some background to adhere to, increasing longevity and vibrancy of color.

TonyMoly Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner in #3 Nude Beige Pink Review

TonyMoly's Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner in #3 Nude Beige/Pink gives you all that and then some with not one color, but you guessed it - two available wearable colors for the price of one! There are two other variants of this dual lip liner, #1 which comes in Rose Pink/Bronze and #2 which comes in Real Red/Vivid Red. Each variant has its perks, but going by my style and taste, I picked the most subtle and versatile pair.

Before anything though, a little about the service in TonyMoly:

While picking this out, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the service afforded to me by the saleslady at the boutique in SM City North EDSA. While browsing, I had seen testers for both #1 and #2 but the tester for #3 had run out. I was hesitant about purchasing this because  1 and 2 hadn't been my cup of tea, but she recommended this to me saying it was perfect for teens and younger people because there's a nude color and a wearable pink color. She did two things right - implying that I was a teen (sadly, I am no longer one TT_TT) and pointing out the product's strengths. So even without a tester to try it out, I went ahead and bought it.

Here's a closer look of what the two ends actually look like.

TonyMoly Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner in #3 Nude Beige Pink Review
Packaging
Lol doesn't this totally make you fee like you're holding Darth Maul's dual-end lightsaber? Haha, but instead of lasery-death you have two ends of lip-color wonderfulness.

The packaging looks sleek, and although I'm not a fan of white, this  actually doesn't get dirty quite easily, save the blotting at the ends of each liner when you apply, but it's really easy to wipe off.

The liners themselves are retractable, so no real need to sharpen exists. The pictures above show the product fully. At the same time, I think for the price, it's a decent amount (not a lot, but it's decent) of product. Especially since you're getting two colors in one.

Color
TonyMoly Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner in #3 Nude Beige Pink Review


 Pink, is basically what it says it is. A medium pink that isn't too cool or too warm and will suit a variety of skin tones. It's my less liked of the two because I tend to avoid pinks and I'm more of a peachy person, but I find that it's awesome worn under sheer glosses.

Nude Beige is by far my favorite of the two and is the perfect nude base for the 'my lips but better' nude look. As such, I think out of the 3 variants, this is the most versatile when it comes to applying as a base.

They could've been more creative with the names of the colors, but really, with a long name like Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner I'm glad they went for simplicity on each color name.

The two colors come out matte when applied, and while I can't say that they're the creamiest of liners out there, the color transfer and finish is commendable. You get solid color that doesn't slip or slide.

Consistency

TonyMoly Berry Lovely Girl Dual Lip Liner in #3 Nude Beige Pink Review

Where consistency and finish are concerned, this product is a bit drying on the lips, so I definitely recommend moisturizing your lips before use. Above is a picture of the two colors (I applied a different color on each side of my lips) after applied over lips moisturized for 15 minutes with lip balm. They're very opaque and true-to-color, but you can tell that worn alone, the liner tends to accentuate lip lines. But then again, I doubt anybody would actually wear lipliner alone in the first place, and in my Gyaru FOTD, I just wore a milky gloss over the Nude Beige and got great reasults!

Price
Really, at PHP178 (approx 4.38USD) it was a steal, and if I hadn't been on my self-control mode, I would have bought all three :P I might make a quick trip back just to check out more of their products since this one seems to have gone far beyond my expectations.

Summary
So all in all, this is a pretty awesome product! I've laid out a compilation of the Pros and cons just in case you guys are too lazy to go into the details of my experience (haha I know, sometimes I write too much D: sorreh).

Pros:
2 colors in 1
True to color
Opaque!
Stays put for a long time
Doesn't slip off the lips
Cute convenient packaging (no need to sharpen!)
Decent selection of colors
Reasonable amount of product
Relatively Cheap (178PHP or 4.38USD)

Cons:
Accentuates lip lines if worn alone
Not very moisturizing and tends to dry out lips

So what do you guys think? Do you think this product is worth it? Have any other lip liner recommendations? Feel free to tell me about it in the comments below :)

Ada, signing out :)
Get Quality Website Philippines

8 comments:

Jing-Jing said...

The colours are gorgeous! Especially the nude beige end!
Btw do you have any tips on how to keep your lips from chapping?
You lips look so smooth and nice :O

Ada Agupitan said...

My lips are actually quite dry >_< but every time I know I'm going to be applying a drying lip product like liner or stain, I pre moisturize and exfoliate 15-20 mins before I apply it or at the start of my makeup routine. I also use carmex lip balm before I go to bed, but I wouldn't recommend it for people with wounded lips since the menthol tends to sting. sometimes fragrances and colors in lipbalm may be irritating to the lips so if all else fails it's always best to go back to basics and use petroleum jelly to moisturize the lips :) hope this helped!

Tea said...

yes! darth maul's lightsaber! I would feel so epic every time I wielded that lipliner xD
I also really like nude beige. It looks great with your complexion!
I didn't even know Tonymoly sold lipliners .-. But when that lady at the counter said that it was for teens and younger people, that means she thought you look young! Which means when you're older you'll look younger :D And then you can trick people about your age muahahah.

Clarisse Litiatco said...

Both colors look good on you!! Please do make a full face shot!! :) how I wish I can put lip products on my lips, I still have my lip wound! :(

By the way, I hope you join my very first giveaway! I'll be having 4 winners! :)

http://clarisselitiatco.blogspot.com/2013/02/dive-in-pastels-x-1721-giveaway.html

Ada Agupitan said...

hahaha. I know. I always tell myself that to make me feel better about sometimes having to shop at the kids section LOL for shammmmmeee.


Nude Beige is awesome. I'm abusing it heavily these days. I'll probably check TM out if they have Nude Beige in a lipstick equivalent :P

Ada Agupitan said...

haha I'm wearing this constantly so you'll probably see me wearing this in full-face shots in the future. Your wound is healing right? Hopefully it heals completely soon. There are so many new lip products waiting to be tried! Hopefully you won't get an allergy to any of them this time D:


Thanks for inviting me to join your giveaway! i've joined :3

Shirayuki's Beauty said...

I love the nude beige!!



Lys, from Shirayuki's Beauty.

Sílvia Ávila said...

I love the pink, is pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...