Movie Screening Updates: Identity Thief

Thursday, April 11, 2013

So hey guys! Those of you who've been keeping track of me on Facebook know that I've been dealing with a 38-39 degree fever for the past few days. Initially they discounted the chance of Dengue and gave me broad spectrum antibiotics and my fever started going down, but upon further inspection it might be that the antibiotics only helped with an existing superinfection on top of what may actually be Dengue Fever. Ugh. Horrid. I'm feeling better but I have intense bouts of muscle pain and on-again-off-again fevers which are sort of like a rollercoaster except not as fun haha.

I thought I'd just give you guys an update x_x. Sorry to be a downer.

So that this post won't be too depressing, and because this is also semi work related, I thought I'd give a shoutout to the awesome people at United International Pictures who've been inviting me to all these awesome movie screenings lately. I actually went to see G.I. JOE: Retaliation and Oblivion a while back but wasn't properly able to make a post about them due to busy schedules and the onset of my horrible fever.

So some of my new readers don't know but in addition to blogging about beauty products, I also attend the occasional advanced press movie screenings here in the Philippines. The next movie up this May (although it's pretty late since it was originally released last year) is Identity Thief.


At first glance I thought this was going to be one of those guy-cross-dressing-in-a-fat-suit movies (Thank goodness it isn't), and judging by the trailer, it's one hilarious movie with fast-paced humor and some shallow action thrown in between. I loved TED and Horrible Bosses was right up my alley with the satirical office humor, so this one seems just as promising.



Yehp, pretty hilarious if you ask me. You can read the full synopsis after the theatrical posters below.



Unlimited funds have allowed Diana (Melissa McCarthy) to live it up on the outskirts of Miami, where the queen of retail buys whatever strikes her fancy. There's only one glitch: The ID she's using to finance these sprees reads "Sandy Bigelow Patterson"... and it belongs to an accounts rep (Jason Bateman) who lives halfway across the U.S. With only one week to hunt down the con artist before his world implodes, the real Sandy Bigelow Patterson heads south to confront the woman with an all-access pass to his life. And as he attempts to bribe, coax and wrangle her the 2,000 miles to Denver, one easy target will discover just how tough it is to get your name back.

Lol, using a fake identity to go on the largest shopping spree of your life seems awesome. You know, if it weren't illegal and all haha. I wonder if I could pull that off? LOL I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Either way, I know this post is a lot different from my usual posts but this is also part of my side job hahaha. Think of it as a bonus. I know some of the movie buffs out there will totally love this :P You can also look forward to screenings and sneak peeks of much more anticipated movies soon - Despicable Me 2, Iron Man 3 and Fast and Furious just to name a few.

This was also a chance for me to post a few things without having to do some work-heavy product shoots and makeup application because I probably won't be able to handle eyeliner with my shakey 39-degree fever hands x_x It's tough just typing this all down hahaha.

Thanks for reading guys! Hopefully I get better soon. I do not want to spend my 1-week vacation bedridden and sad D: Stay beautiful!

Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to join my Thank You Giveaway! 3 sets of prizes at stake!


Ada, signing out.

Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

8 comments:

Dane Salazar said...

I've seen this movie and it's quite nice. Btw, 2 years ago I had the same symptoms. The doctors thought i had dengue but then after taking several tests, turned out it was typhoid fever. Get well soon!

Ada Agupitan said...

I don't have the rashes for tyhphoid fever but I would gladly take rashes over whatever it is I'm feeling right now. It's absolutely horrid x_x Thanks for commenting though! I'm looking forward to this movie even more now :P

Erica M. Baylosis said...

haha :) ang cute ng movie na to :) coming soon pa ang showing hehe :)

Narissa Maquera said...

Thanks for the review... Now I am very curious and eager to watch this movie... I've already asked my hubby to look for this movie for me :) I think it will be a nice feel good funny and relaxing movie :) Thanks again :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Oo nga. Feeling ko matutuwa talaga ako dito. Feel-good movie. Haha

Ada Agupitan said...

It should be out na if you know where too look ;) But it'll be showing in the Philippines soon so yay!

Stephanie Lee ♡ said...

Wohooo I'm excited to watch Iron man 3 :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Ugh, ME TOO! IT'S ACTUALLY OUT NOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...