Wreck-It Ralph - So much FEELS

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph with Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz in Sugar RushSo I just got back from watching Wreck-It Ralph after having been waiting for it for such a long time.

I'll be honest - I went in not really expecting much since stand-alone Disney films don't seem to do as well as Disney-Pixar films lately, but even from the short film presentation of Disney that accompanied the movie, Paperman, I was captured.

Disney Short Film Paperman pre-screened before Wreck-It Ralph

And the actual feature itself was more than I expected. I laughed, I cried, and I was brought back to the early stages of my childhood. I personally would like to give a huge round of applause to Jane Lynch and Sarah Silverman for really MAKING the movie for me.

I think this was one of Disney's best releases by far, since it transcends so many cultures. Video Gaming is almost universal given this day and age and seeing familiar characters from series such as Street Fighter, Pacman, Frogger, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc really made me smile. Not to mention the tributes to Mario, Halo etc.

Wreck-It Ralph and Q*bert

Wreck-It Ralph with Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz in Sugar Rush

Wreck-It Ralph in Bad Guys Anon with cameos from Bowser, Zangief, Doctor Eggman, etc

Wreck-It Ralph with Jane Lynch as  Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun, the lead character of Hero's Duty
I mean, where else will you be able to find a Disney Movie where the word "Pussy" is thrown out from the likes of one of its main characters? 

Even the soundtrack impressed me, blessed with the likes of Skrillex, Rihanna, Owl City and believe it or not, AKB48.


They were even cool enough to include a short cameo of Skrillex himself animated and brought to life as a DJ in a short party scene for the 30th anniversary of Fix-It Felix, Jr. the game haha.

What really surprised me though was hearing the Japanese-sung theme song of one of the Video Games featued in the movie, Sugar Rush sung by none other than AKB48.


AKB48 Tomomi Itano, Yuko Oshima, Yuki Kashiwagi, Rina Kawaei, Haruna Kojima, Mariko Shinoda, Haruka Shimazaki, Minami Takahashi, Jurina Matsui, and Mayu Watanabe sing the theme song of Wreck-It Ralph Sugar Rush
I think they happen to suit the song pretty well.

There were just so many things that made this movie special to me. If I can say something about this movie it's don't judge it by the trailer. Because while most of the trailer show Ralph braving it out in a Halo-like environment, majority of the story is actually set in the fictional candyland that is Sugar Rush and there is much more than meets the eye. The message is pretty clear in the end as well.

I don't want to give anything away, but let me just say this - The story isn't as straightforward as it may seem. A few plot twists here and there might just catch you by surprise. Or not.

All in all, this is definitely a must-see. For Video Game Junkies and families alike. Good Job Disney, I approve.
Get Quality Website Philippines

6 comments:

Armel Madsen said...

hmn...i've been missing a lot of movies lately. and i mean a lot! i've heard about this film but wasn't that interested. but from what i've read here, i just might give it a shot pag di tinamad. :)

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

Mei said...

You really put excitement to this, makes
me want to watch this Disney Movie!
Soundtrack is really important to me so
I'm surprised that AKB48 is involved to
this!



xx
http://icepandora.blogspot.com

wan winkle said...

a must-see is a must-see so i must see....
looks actually sweet

Ada Agupitan said...

Looper, Skyfall and Wreck-It Ralph are definitely worth watching :3

Ada Agupitan said...

IKR? I didn't even know until the end-credits and I heard Japanese singing so I waited until the end to see who the artists were and apparently it was AKB48 haha

Ada Agupitan said...

It really is :D You should watch it :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...