Review: Tony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara #03 Dolly Long Lash

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Whew! I'm finally able to post a review on this after a month and a half of testing haha. I'm not someone who usually explores with mascara. Once I find something that works, I usually stick to it. But because I'm trying to broaden my horizons, I thought, heck, why not try a new mascara? I know, radical, right? LOL

So today I will be reviewing Tony Moly's Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara in #03 Dolly Long Lash, one of the five variants available!

Tony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara #03 Dolly Long Lash Review

I'm a huge fan of dolly long lashes. If I had the time to wear false lashes everyday, I probably would. But I don't, so sadface. I'm usually a fan of Japanese mascaras for that reason as their fiberwig formula really does well in the lengthening department, and volume is an added bonus.

Tony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara #03 Dolly Long Lash ReviewTony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara #03 Dolly Long Lash Review
Click each picture to enlarge for info

I find that a good mascara is made both by its formula and the brush used to apply it. My preference for mascara is more of a liquid and wet consistency than a dry one, but that's just personal preference.

Tony Moly's Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara (dang, that's a long name) in #03 Dolly Long Lash is somewhere in between where wet and dry is concerned. It also seems to have some fiber built into its formula, but not nearly as much as I'm used to in Japanese mascaras.

Tony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara #03 Dolly Long Lash Review

The brush is also pretty nifty with its curved shape which helps lift up my lashes and distribute the semi-wet formula consistently and evenly over my lashes. The tip is also narrow enough for the lashes on the outer corner of my eye and for lower lashes, although it's not really the best shape for that type of application (but it's still workable!)

So how well exactly does it do in the lengthening department?

Tony Moly Double Needs Pang Pang Mascara #03 Dolly Long Lash Review

I can honestly say it does pretty well. With one coat my lashes are visibly longer and two coats just gives that extra va-va-va-voom. Even with three coats, there isn't much clumping or spider-lashes. It's still not as long as other fiber mascaras I've used, but it's pretty good. The finish isn't hard or stiff either. It leaves your lashes soft and supple without flaking or transfer-blotting.

The blackness of it also lasts for the entire day and doesn't fade to gray!It's also waterproof, so hurrah for that. It also dries pretty quickly, so no panda eyes with hard blinking. Despite its longevity, it's also quite easy to remove with any oil/cream based cleanser or even just a gentle wash with soap and warm water.

One thing it does lack, however, is volume. This mascara doesn't really do much for people with sparse, thin lashes. I find that if I want extra volume I have to layer it on top of a lash primer or a different mascara. But for everyday where I just want my lashes to be visible, this mascara is pretty sufficient.

Another thing is that this mascara doesn't seem to hold the curl on my lashes very well. It's not heavy in the slightest, but I think the lack of stiffness also makes the curl hold less throught the course of the day.

So in summary:

Pros:
Pretty good brush
Medium-wet consistency that's easily worksable through lashes
No clumping or spider lashes even after 3 coats
Decent lengthening
Soft Supple Finish
Waterproof
No flaking or transferring
Dries pretty quickly
Doesn't fade to grey over the course of the day
Easy to remove
Separates lashes pretty well

Cons:
Lacks in the volumizing department
Doesn't hold the curl of my lashes very well
The wand is somewhat difficult to work for outer and lower lashes, but it's still possible

So what do you guys think? Would you like to try this mascara? Tell me what you think!

I'm currently holding a giveway! Click below to join and find out more about it!

Ada no Nikki's Etude House Giveaway


Ada, signing out.

Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

34 comments:

εïз ღ ValerieDeoferio ღ εïз said...

Oh, it's good news that it doesn't transfer! I usually have that problem with most of my mascaras </3 I only have a few that doesn't transfer, or does, but ever so slightly. ♥ Thanks for the review, Ada! ^^

Jenny Ye said...

I feel like I want to try this one!

Tanya Tonéva Iliéva said...

I would like to try that mascara. Is it good for people who wear lenses daily?

http://www.ai-no-storia.com/

Sapphire said...

I'd say it seems more lengthening than volumizing, so difficult to find both >___<

♥ Little Owl Diary

Ada Agupitan said...

Oo nga eh. Like the Maybelline ones. I super love those pero they transfer like crazy o_o This one doesn't transfer pero lacking talaga sa volume. I'm still sticking to FairyDrops Volume Burst Mascara as my Holy Grail :P

Ada Agupitan said...

There are other variants of this too, if you're looking for something which holds more curl or has more volume :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Hmmm. I don't wear lenses daily, but I have tried this mascara 2 or 3 times with a whole day of lens-wearing and they don't irritate my eyes at all. And since there's no flaking, it's less dangerous. But don't take my word for it, since I haven't really tried daily wear :( Sorry

Ada Agupitan said...

True! If you're looking for something both lengthening and volumizing go ahead and try out one of FairyDrop's famous mascaras! Review here: http://ada-nikki.blogspot.com/2013/01/review-fairydrops-volume-burst-mascara.html

Rini Cesillia said...

i hope that they provide lengthening and volumizing mascara in one bottle than having to have two different mascara >.<


www.rinicesillia.com

Ada Agupitan said...

True! I totally agree. I guess it's a marketing strategy. But it still works quite well for what it says that it will do x_X

Aurora Mannequin said...

I would say the design looks cool but i really wish it can hold the curl /: Seems like i want to try this too x3
Great review miss Ada :3 I love it x you're pretty :D haha

Sie Cajilig said...

I love the packaging. Edgy and nice contrast of color. :D Too bad I can't have long lashes. I'm wearing glasses and it would feel awkward. TAT

Erica M. Baylosis said...

the packaging so good :) really nice . maeencourage k tlga na bilhin pag nkita mu to :)

Sapphire said...

Ooh i shall read the review, thanks!

Ada Agupitan said...

Yep. I'm using this until I've saved enough to try a different mascara. Maybe my next mascara will be better haha. Thanks Aurora!

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah! I treally gives a punky feel to them right? I wear glasses as well, but not all the time. My nose bridge is pretty high (but not that high) so I don't have a problem with my lashes hitting the frames. Plus my lashes aren't very long to begin with x_X""" You must be blessed with naturally long lashes haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Oo nga eh. I actually bought two variants, pero I gave the other one to a friend for a makeup swap so di ko na-review :P

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

love the review! too bad i bought the wrong one. i was on a hurry and asked the store lady to grab me a BLACK one, when i was home and opened it up it was BORWN. And i have no time to go there and ask them to change it so i have no idea how to use my brown mascara, im selling it nlng :))

Ada Agupitan said...

Sayang!!! I've never tried brown mascara before :)) halata ba talaga na brown? Siguro bagay sa mga nagpakulay ng buhok haha. As for me my hair is ridiculously jet black, so di ko ata pull-off ang brown :P Sana mabenta mo.


I have my eyes on the FairyDrops Platinum Waterproof Mascara next, since I loved their volume burst :P

Sie Cajilig said...

LOL no. I don't have a tall nose and my lashes are short as hell. Haha. But I really don't like the feeling so I rely on tightlining. :3

Yette said...

I like the effect but I wish it can hold the curl of my lashes 'cause that's mostly my problem. Awesome review :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Mine as well! Considering I have stick-straight lashes. I find that if I prime my lashes with a clear mascara before applying this, the curl holds better. So far, my HG mascara is still the one from FairyDrops :P

Karla Motol said...

I also bought TM's pangpang mascara. Couldn't resist buying, I have the yellow one and its really nice. It definitely adds volume to your lashes and doesn't clump at all. Great review!

Yette said...

Really? Haven't tried FairdyDrops mascara before but I will now. Thanks! ^_^

Gina May J. Mungcal said...

I love waterproof mascaras because I usually scratch my eyes unintentionally but I wish this one holds the curls of my lashes because I'm too lazy to bring a curlash haha! Try avon mascaras they're very good too!

Ada Agupitan said...

Wah. You're making me want to try the yellow one also. I'm also curious about the green which supposedly curls lashes on the go! Haha so many things on my wishlist and so little money haha

Ada Agupitan said...

True true!. I'm also guilty of rubbing my eyes. Bad habit talaga. I've never tried avon mascaras. I had a bad experience kasi dati with avon makeup na nag-breakout talaga ako. Haven't tried anything from them since. I should really get into Avon again. I hear mas maganda na mga products nila :)

Jaree Romero said...

I love your review unnie~

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Jaree :) Glad you enjoyed it! :D

rhania escueta said...

i love mascara's =) and my fave is those from Maybelline =) my first ever mascara was the clear mascara from avon when i was in highschool =)

Ada Agupitan said...

I love Maybelline mascaras too~! They're cheap but also really good :) my fave is still a Japanese brand though :P I feel like asian brands are better suited for my ridiculously stick-straight asian lashes ahaha

rhania escueta said...

i agree, i never thought that asian brands can level up to its highest peek and beat / match with high end brands =) the only downside is its price =( ohhh taxes!

Gen-zel said...

It looks like the one from Covergirl but this one doesn't hold the curl much so I think I'll give this a pass.

rhania escueta said...

taxes na napupunta pala sa mga personal account ng ilag tao =(
i cant wait to open my horus mascara =) saving the best for the last hihi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...