Review: EcoTools Bamboo 6-Piece Eye Brush Set

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hey guys! Thanks for the pseudo-break you've afforded me :P Acads have died down for me a bit since last week so I can finally do a review on some of the stuff I got recently, specifically one on this awesome set of brushes.

I was particularly excited about this because as much as I love my Artist Studio makeup brushes, they don't exactly come with their own case and are too bulky to carry on a daily basis or even on trips (unless I'm stubborn and allot a whole portion of my luggage to makeup utilities). EcoTools makeup brushes, however, are economical, not just in a space-saving sense.

 EcoTools Bamboo 6-Piece Eye Brush Set Review

This 6 Piece Eye Brush Set in BAMBOO claims the following:

Handles made from bamboo, a highly sustainable plant.
100% cruelty-free, made from soft taklon bristles
Recycled aluminum ferrules.
Natural cotton and hemp travel case
Reusable storage pouch.

That's pretty awesome if you ask me. The bamboo not only works functionally and economically but it also gives the brushes an artists' feel to them. The travel case comes with garter attachments for gripping the brushes and a velcro seal. The mirror is also amazingly handy and is of good enough size and quality for eye makeup application.

 EcoTools Bamboo 6-Piece Eye Brush Set Review

The set comes with 5 brushes, labeled quite conveniently at their handles, and a case (the 6th piece), described by the packaging as follows:

Large Eye Brush for Applying and blending Shadows
Angled Crease Brush for Softly applying color to crease for definition
Petite Eye Shading Brush to use with deeper or accent colors for a bold look
Highlighting Brush perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corners of the eye.
Smudge Brush for smudging shadow and liner along lash line for a smokey look
Travel Case with Mirror for convenient storage of brushes.

 EcoTools Bamboo 6-Piece Eye Brush Set Review

The bristles of the brushes are pretty soft for synthetic fiber and adequately dense, but I don't exactly adhere to the use of each brush as described. I actually use the large eye brush for contouring my nose because it's perfectly shaped and dense enough for the job. I use the angled brush for shadow application and the highlight brush for blending. The last two brushes I use alternatingly for targeted eyeshadow application, especially for defined 'v-shapes' and smokey liner.

I haven't experienced any shedding so far from use, but I do take care not to wash the brushes so as to get the handles wet with water, because although their coated by a thin laminate, the wood may still tend to swell if water seeps in, so it's best to avoid that.

All in all, this is a pretty nifty kit to have compared to other travel brush kits you might find at mall department stores here in the Philippines. Usually those are flimsy, scratchy and sparsely made, but these are totally different, and are perfect for on-the-go makeup. The travel case does tend to get dirty easily though because of the nature of the cloth, and there's no way to wash it without the mirror. I recommend allotting a small piece of cloth or tissue to place behind and over your brushes to stop them from touching the case if you do intend to use them on the go, so the case doesn't get dirty :)

The best part of this set? It's made cruelty-free with natural and recycled materials. If you're a tree-hugger and animal enthusiast this'll probably tickle your fancy :)

You can check out Ecotool's website and other products by visiting their website:


Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

18 comments:

Raimar Guevara said...

Oh I receive somedays ago one kit form the brushes from ecottols and looks really cool. But it´s a different set not this same.

xoxo

http://www.sakuranko.com/

neeyd said...

very nice set of brushes ^-^

http://mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha I'm not actually a pro. I just do it as fun :P Been doing it since I was in 4th grade so I just have a lot of practice. Or maybe I just lack a life ahaha.


I'm totally loving these brushes. They make me feel more asian just by using them hahaha. legasp~! RACISM. x_x But srsly, the bamboo feels so light! It's like ninja makeup tools :P

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah! Kasyang kasya sa clutch bag nga eh! Super convenient!

wan winkle said...

love those brush close-ups and that viney color , this brush set looks great ♡
---
strawberrychamber.blogspot.ro ( i changed my URL)

Ada Agupitan said...

Really? Which set did you get?

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks for telling me about the URL change wanny! Been too busy to comment lately but I'll drop by if I have time :)

Tea said...

that's brilliant! ninja makeup tools :D
They could double as weapons too xD

Unknown said...

ohh dang!! i just purchased brushes 2 days ago & went for the real techniques ones. i might need to grab sum ecotools now. :(

great review :)

www.wildlyprofuse.com

Gen-zel D. Habab said...

Wow! Nice review! I want to try these brushes too. Very good for travelling :)

Tea said...

I love EcoTools brushes, they're so awesome and they look so sleek *_*
I also really like the case that they have them in. So awesome!
btw, this is a little random, but I think the way that you're editing your pictures is really cool :D You photoshop pro xD

Renee Andrea Jarin said...

available po ba ang ecotools sa mga malls ? :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Di ko pa siya nakita sa mga malls D: Sorry :(

Sílvia Ávila said...

Nice review! these brushes looks nice, very quality :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Yehp! They are~! I got them for free so that was a plus too haha

:) said...

where did you buy these brushes?

Ada Agupitan said...

I didn't buy these brushes. They were a contest prize D: Sorry about that. If I'm not mistaken, they're widely available in different shops online though :) You can try searching on google :)


Sorry for the late reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...