Friday Finds: Tea.ology

Friday, August 17, 2012

So I'm actually stealing this idea from my friend Chelle over at Chelle'sRoom. I doubt it's going to be a regular segment on this blog, but if I find something I like I guess you can expect to see me post it on a Friday.

So I've always been a big fan of milk tea. It's one of the two ways I can actually stomach drinking tea, the other way being in the form of a fruity iced tea. I've always had a certain bias for Moonleaf and UniversiTEA, but the wonderful thing that the sudden Milk Tea boom in the Manila has afforded us is the now wide range of shops, flavors and gimmicks to choose from. Seriously, this is competitive economics right in front of our eyes (forgive me for my lack of econ lingo. I am not an economics major haha).

That being said I'm here to talk about a certain Tea place that I've come to love over time and in my opinion, it's struck a somewhat perfect balance between unique and innovative and simply minimalistic in its menu offerings and interior design.

Tea.ology Tea Shop Katipunan, Quezon City, Philippines
tea.ology n: the art and study of brewing the perfect cup of tea

I just find that little tagline so incredibly creative haha. I'm sure it's not unique, but using it in conjunction to their name is pretty smart. And all in all, they do pretty much have the perfect cup of tea where milk tea is concerned, but that's just my opinion.

We actually came to Tea.ology on a rather rainy day but the ambiance of the store just left us feeling warm and cozy. I cheated a little by playing with photo levels, but I swear, their branch in Katipunan is every bit as pretty and laid back as I've depicted here.

Tea.ology Tea Shop Katipunan, Quezon City, Philippines


We came early that day, just as they had opened, and I'm pretty sure we were their first customers. The place was relatively empty because it was so early, but usually, every time I come, it's filled with busy college students working on laptops. It's sort of like a hipster Starbucks but isn't as stressful. Even when it's full it still has sort of a chill vibe to it.

Tea.ology Tea Shop Katipunan, Quezon City, Philippines

I'm a huge fan of their interior design because one of my favorite colors is apple green. Haha. The little wall decal above says:

Tea.time - 
a deserved moment; 
to collect my thoughts; 
to breath; 
and unwind 

Tea.ology Tea Shop Katipunan, Quezon City, Philippines


I also love the little bulletin board they have up in their store. They post updates and  news coverage and you're free to plug whatever you want on it if you so feel to. Lol, I was tempted to plug my blog a bit but I resisted the temptation. Don't want me to get too famous now, right? I kid.

Green Tea Room Interior Design

See what I mean about how pretty the interior is? I'm glad we were the only ones there at the time. A shot like this would be impossible with their usual crowd lol.

Tea.ology Tea Shop Katipunan, Quezon City, Philippines

I'm totally loving their chalk art. Chalk art is definitely an awesome way to go when running any type of cafe/tea/coffee shop. Most chalkboards are filled with mediocre text art though, so I'm glad to see Tea.ology best a lot of them with their cute art. And on the table stands my lone little milk tea.


Ingredient Jar Decor

 Even the little cliche bottles of ingredients are so well aligned and thought out that they complement the design so perfectly haha. I swear, I'm not being paid for this post, I just love Tea.ology that much. Haha.

Ada Agupitan

The place has pretty decent free wifi, so if you're a computer-body like me it's not really a problem trying to get some work done. This was actually where I posted the results and winners of my last giveaway haha. I know, I'm such a work-a-holic. LOL. I'm actually drinking Strawberry Milk Tea with Egg Pudding. They have some pretty awesome flavors like Mint Chocolate Milk Tea and Kyoto Macha Tea Latte but I'm a total strawberry hog so obviously I chose strawberry. This is one thing Moonleaf (my next favorite tea shop) can't afford me - selection. I really do wish they'd jazz up their menu sometime. Be competitive!

I took a shot of Tea.ology's menu and pricelist for you guys' reference:

Tea.ology Tea Shop Katipunan, Quezon City, Philippines Menu

What I love about this place is they let you choose the amount of sugar you want added into your drink. Perfect if you're on a diet or if bitter tea is just your thing. Of course, neither of these apply to me so I got mine in 75% Slightly Sweet.

They also sell small snacks like chicken nuggets and cheese-filled tater-tots, but they're pretty pricey so I usually only come for their tea.

All in all. I really love this place. So far, they only have two branches, one at Xanland Place Condo, Katipunan Ave. and one at Il Terrazzo Bldg, Tomas Morato, so if you're around the area you should really give their stuff a try! If they get as popular as Moonleaf they'll be able to expand, so do it! And if you do check them out and like what they have, like them on Facebook! I'm sure it'll really make their owner's day :) Tell them Ada sent you - maybe I'll get a year's supply of milk tea :o

Ada Agupitan

Oh yeah! Before I forget! I also did a guest post on Meg's blog, Show Your True Colors. Check it out HERE.

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

2 comments:

Caro said...

omg actually is a good place to chill :3 love it

kk said...

their frosted mint chocolate milk tea is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...