MM: Not over Soaking up the Sun

Monday, August 20, 2012


 

In some obscene miracle, the sun still happens to be out so let's start the week off with a sunny round of Mixtape Mondays with the theme:

Songs for Any Type of Weather

In the spirit of basking in the sun and taking advantage of the good weather while it lasts, this week's sampled song celebrates the sun with its subtle social commentary and early 2000s vibe. And while Sheryl Crow isn't usually on the top of my list when it comes to sunny songs to jam to, this song's absolutely perfect despite the scattered drizzles here and there.

Soak up the Sun by Sheryl Crow

This 90's song made it reappearance in my list of recently heard songs (well, not exactly recently considering the last time I heard it) on a commercial for one of Yamashita Tomohisa's dramas - Ending Planner lol. I never really did finish that drama, despite my love for Chinen Yuri and the various talented guest stars. My attention span doesn't have the capacity to deal with fish-eyed Yamapi for too long. But I digress. This song is a perfect beach song, and while summer might be coming to an end for everybody else in the world, I'm perfectly fine basking in the limited sun I seem to be getting haha.

Maybe it's just the fact that I've been getting more Vitamin D lately, but the sun really seems to have a bearing on my mood. But that doesn't exactly mean I'm a morning person - I will never be a morning person haha. That being said, I'm so happy I've decided to include yet another upbeat song, although it probably may not be to everybody's liking, and while it is upbeat, it's not the happiest songs. The title says it all actually - Not Over You by one of my favorite new Kpop Boy Bands, NU'EST is one of the lighter sided videos out there right now, and while it's obscured by the likes of Psy's nominally more popular Gangnam Style and Super Junior's stereotypical Spy, I strongly believe it deserves more attention, so there.


And did I mention that Ren looks exceptionally beautiful in this MV? Yehp, that's probably the first and last time I'll be saying those words about a guy except of course maybe for Taemin of SHINee but that's a given.

That aside, we have one more week left on this theme guys! That's it for today's Music Monday! You can check out last week's featured song here and other Mixtape Mondays here.


Feel free to leave a comment recommending songs appropriate for this month's theme, or maybe even comments pertaining to how awesome (or not awesome) the weather is where you are!

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

8 comments:

Xixia Wang said...

...how much do you love k-pop? Because I freakin' love it to death. I admit, I haven't listened to NU'EST yet, since I have been doing the horsey dance and singing to Oppa Gangnam Style! on repeat. XD but I will check them out asap!
ps. shinee's awesome.

Caro said...

:3 lovely smile, love the end of the pic

dana kimberly said...

wow a kpop lover like me! i love nu'est too! i believe they're one of the best rookies for 2012!! they had me at "Face" now they released a more relaxed song with Not Over You!! love love love <3 and yes Ren looks very beautiful in that MV!!


i am a new follower by the way, hope you can check out my blog as well :)
http://deynakim.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

I'm an absolute all-around kpop fan :)) I even follow rookie groups as they debut. NU'EST and BAP are definitely one of my fave rookies. I just try really hard not to push my fandom onto other people because apparently not all of my readers are fond of Kpop ahahaha.


Thanks for commenting! Glad to find another Kpop fan <3

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, fanks :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Yay! Another Kpop fan! NU'EST and BAP are up there on my top rookies for 2012. I loved FACE and ACTION and I'm so happy they put up an upbeat song like Not Over You :D


I am a total Ren Fangirl hahaha Thanks for commenting. I'll follow you back! :D

Armel Madsen said...

dammit! now i can't get sheryl crow out of my head.

Caro said...

:3 lovely smile, love the end of the pic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...