Art Post: Okamoto Keito

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hey! Say! JUMP - Okamoto Keito Sketch Drawing Fan ArtWoah, it seems like ages since I did my last art post. I've actually had this sketch done for ages but I never really got around to finishing with the coloring until now. Busy busy busy. =_=

But I'm back! And this time with some art of by far my favorite Johnny's boy out of them all, Okamoto Keito (岡本 圭人). Words cannot describe how smitten I am with this boy (but in a totally platonic way haha). I think it has something to do with the fact that he plays guitar, knows how to speak English (and speaks English with his hybrid Japanese-British accent) and is just an adorable clutz of a man lol.

Will you look at those arms?
Plus will you look at those arms?

He's currently a member of Jpop group, Hey! Say! JUMP, the rest of whom I am almost equally as smitten with, but not really. When I got to stay at the same hotel as the band during their Hong Kong Concert, I actually got a chance to see the entire band and Keito face to face and greet him, "お疲れさまでした!" (otsukaresama deshtia / thank you fr the hard work) when they came back from their last concert. He was by far the most sincere and actually bowed back lol. I will never forget that day.

That aside, he's also one of the few Japanese artists out there that choose to actually pursue college education and I respect him even more for that. EDUCATION, FTW!


It's no wonder then that I felt I should immortalize how much I appreciate his perseverance with a little fanart, albeit rather badly drawn, rushed and not very good in general haha. In all fairness, I did draw this without a reference so I can't really be blamed for how much I fail :P Hopefully his other fangirls don't kill me x_x And yes, I suck at drawing clothes. Sue me.
Hey! Say! JUMP - Okamoto Keito 岡本 圭人 Sketch Drawing Fan Art お絵描き

In all honesty, it's not as good as I remembered it to be ahaha. It looked a lot better while I was actually drawing and coloring it in, but owell. You win some, you lose some. The original sketch was done with a normal Mongol pencil and I just decided to scan and color it on Photoshop. I am in no way a professional artists and lack the tools to actually do decent shading, so please don't judge me too much. IMO, the sketch looked a lot better haha. Unfortunately, I saved OVER the sketch so I can't show you the raw picture D:

I could probably spend this entire post and a few thousand more words raving about why I find Okamoto Keito so interesting as a person as well as an artist but I think I might save that for another post (If I dare >:D).

And that's it for now. Tell me what you guys think. haha.
Get Quality Website Philippines

18 comments:

y u k u . said...

He's really a handsome young man, isn't he?
I just got in touch with Hey! Say! JUMP due to Takaki Yuya who did an amazing job (in my opinion) acting as Gokusen 3's Ogata Yamato... (Gosh. I just love Gokusen. xD)
But honestly... I didn't fiddle with Hey! Say! JUMP that much then... but still I have in mind that I actually like them quite much. :)


Well... about your fanart... I'm amazed.
I really, really like it. I think you can recognize him and the fact that you made the coloration that simple (no matter the reason - less skills or I don't know. xD) gives it a certain down-to-earthness which I think suits this drawing perfectly. So all in all - nice work.
Even though you might be a bit unsatisfied. I know that too well (damn perfectionism) but seeing your fanart and reading that you find your clothes-drawing-skills suck... I'm desperately/bleakly asking myself if I have any clothes-drawing-skills at all...I doubt that. D;

halfwhiteboy said...

nice sketch, ada! i always envy their hair. why is it that these japs (and koreans, too) have such nice hair? it's my frustration.


http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

Caro said...

actually is kinda nice though :3 even am study design also cnt draw as well as you :p

Ada Agupitan said...

Yes, he is. Haha. Lol I love Gokusen as well. It was my first Jdrama actually (I was Jun-baited into the Johnny's fandom), so it holds a lot of sentimental value. I actually used to love Arashi and NEWS a lot more than HSJ, but I guess it's because they're in my age-group that I can relate more to them haha.


Aww shucks, I'm glad you liked my fanart :P I added an overlay texture to make the colors mor earthy :P I guess we're all just hard on our own work. Thanks for the input yuku! :D

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? They can grow their hair so damn long (even guys) and it doesn't even look weird o_o


My hairstylist is Korean, and he spent years studying and working on hair in Japan and he says that Filipino hair is monumentally different from Korean and Japanese hair. But he says the easiest hair to style is by far blonde Caucasian hair. I get really jealous because most days I wake up with major bedhead *_*


Thanks for commenting! :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah! I saw some of your designs on your blog! You're quite good with clothes :D I wish I had a similar sense of dress-style when it came to drawing lol.

Armel Madsen said...

one of my stylists is korean - mr. shin, also japan-trained. unfortunately, he doesn't have much to style in my case. :(

Ada Agupitan said...

LOLOLOLOLOL. WE HAVE THE SAME STYLIST! Hahaha. You're a Beauty Brick frequenter rin pala!

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

abah yan pala jap bf moh *kilig* XD mine is Shirota Yuu and Hiro Mizushima, and Atsushi Sakurai <3 nice sketch Ada, buti ka pa hehe :))

Ada Agupitan said...

HOHOHO, IKR? Sana naaalala pa niya ako, kahit apat na beses lang niya ako nakita sa lobby ahahahaha. Sigh <3 Love ko rin si Shirota Yuu at Hiro Mizushime - yun nga lang, kasal na si Hiro huhuhu /wrist. Owell :D Thanks aMz :P

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

yea his married and not active n nga e hmp! Ada u might like the new Jdramas: Rich Man Poor Girl, and Mop Girl :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Isn't Mop Girl an old drama? :o I remember watching it in 2007 or 2008. And I'm already following Rich Man Poor Woman haha. Oguri Shun <3

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

ngayon ko lang nakita un drama online :)) old n pala un kaya pala im wondering why is the year 2007 :P Oguri Shun is a great in acting also the company is so cool, im com sci grad so i would love to work in his company..in my dreams lol XD

Yuri said...

I like your art, i think it look cool ^^
And i think that is so awesome that you were able to run into him and confirm how nice he is in person. It bums me out when artists/actors are all snobbish in person or just "eh whatever~"
And I am like you, EDUCATION FTW :D haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, thanks :P I love it when musicians go to college - sort of makes them more relatable. Most people don't seem to see the value in higher education anymore D:

Ada Agupitan said...

Com Sci rin kapatid ko! LOL. malapit rin actually ako mag-comsci pero sabi kasi ng bro ko, di ako bagay pang comsci T_T lol ako naman, mala-OSCORP yung gusto kong company. that or kahit stay-at-home mom (basta si Keito asawa ko LOL. jowk.)

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

si
Keito tlga :)) com sci is just something my mom forced me to take, wla p kc graphics course before so i toke com sci since they said it was the hardests, harder than IT and Multi-media, puro programmming un com sci lol d nmn ako ng programmer ahahaha

Yuri said...

I agree, with both parts. Especially the part of people not valuing higher education anymore :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...