Review: Mixty Missy Contact Lenses in PINK, GREY and GREEN

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hey guys! Hope you're adjusting to my new sched of blogging. From now on, I'll be posting once a week until my schedule frees up. Being in senior year of college is stuff and there is only so much I can do that is humanly possible. If only I were an alien, or better yet a Time Lady (I've been a bit Doctor Who obsessed lately).

That aside, I finally have the time these awesome pairs of lenses that I won from a giveaway held by SPECIALLENS™ Cosmetic Lens Center. And here are the fruits of my not-so-labor.

Mixty Missy 16 mm Contact Lens PINK GREY GREEN Speciallens review

I was fortunate enough to win 3 pairs of their new stocks of Mixty Missy Contact Lenses and had a chance to choose 3 out of 6 colors available. Having been wearing brown lenses for quite a while now, I thought I'd try stepping out of my comfort zone a little bit, so I chose pairs in PINK, GREY and GREEN.

Mixty Missy 16 mm Contact Lens PINK GREY GREEN Speciallens review

Aren't they just beautiful? I also had the option of having them graded, so I got all of them at -1.25 to suit my myopia x_x

Mixty Missy 16 mm Contact Lens PINK GREY GREEN Speciallens review

These Mixty Missy contact lenses designed by VASSEN (along with other reputed and certified brands) distributed by SPECIALLENS, so you can go ahead and check them out :)

Design
The design of the Mixty Missy Contact Lenses is pretty simple: single toned color with dot gradation into a thin limbal ring. At first glance, there isn't really much to look at and the way I describe it is pretty dull, but it actually has a really nice effect on the eyes.

Mixty Missy 16 mm Contact Lens PINK GREY GREEN Speciallens review

I particularly like the thin limbal ring that fades into color because it gives my eyes less of a vamp-y look.  It also lets quite a lot of your natural eye color shine through, so for people who are looking for total color coverage this might not be what you're looking for. But for those who are looking to give their natural eye color a secondary accent, this really does the trick!

Mixty Missy 16 mm Contact Lens PINK GREY GREEN Speciallens review

All three colors go particularly well with my brown-toned eyes. PINK gives my eyes a cute girly accent to them and really makes my neutral eye makeup pop. GREEN is definitely the most vibrant of the three and offers amazing color pay-off. Out of the three, however, my favorite is definitely GREY because of how natural it looks on me. Almost more natural than some of my other brown lenses.

Enlargement
These lenses are a whopping 16.0 mm. You heard me, SIXTEEN MILLIMETERS. That's more than a centimeter and a half of lens covering your friggin' eye. So it wouldn't be a surprise that these babies give you maximum dolly enlargement.


Mixty Missy 16 mm Contact Lens PINK GREY GREEN Speciallens review

As you can see, they make my irises look a lot larger, but they don't look too unnatural, probably because of the thin limbal ring. That's probably what you should look for if you're trying to pass lenses off as more natural looking. Lenses with thicker outer rings tend to look more cartoon-y and I tend to stay away from those.

All in all, despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of overly enlarged eyes, I actually quite appreciate these -- they even seem wearable with not-so-heavy makeup.

And for people who aren't fond of these colors, these lenses are also available in blue, brown and purple.

Comfort and Wear
I'll be honest. When I took these lenses out of their vials, I was visibly scared - terrified actually. I had never tried such large lenses before and I was dubious as to whether they would even fit my eyes. But 'lo and behold, I got them in my eyes in a breeze! They were honestly a comfort to wear.

I actually had a little mishap putting in one of my lenses on backwards, but even then, they were soft enough not to cause so much irritation (people, don't make the mistake of doing this).

With 42% water content, I only experienced some drying after 3 or so hours of wear, which is normal for my eyes, even with eye drops. I didn't experience any blurry vision or dizziness, and because the field of vision offered by the lenses is quite wide, no obstruction either.

Certification
According to the lens descriptions on SPECIALLENS's site, these lenses are CE safety certified, KFDA approved and produced under ISO International Standards quality control. I haven't experienced any problems as of yet, but always take care to observe proper cleaning and care with your lenses to avoid irritation.

So overall, I'm absolutely in love with these lenses. What do you guys think? Which color is your favorite?

Ada, signing out.
Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

35 comments:

isabellmiao said...

I can NEVER fit contact lens into my eyes. Ugh!

miki ♡ said...

The green one is very pretty! The pink one looks purple-ish, though.

Rin Kusanagi said...

Those pink lenses are LOVE! So pretty~

rondana said...

Hello, do you know where else I can get buy 2 get 1 free as on Solution-lens now ? I tried so many shops and I really prefer products from this shop as they only have genuine items and they offer 1 free pair for every order of 2 pairs, but I am still open if someone knows better deal ? Thank you !!!

Janet said...

wow, you look great on all the lenses! ^_~

y u k u . said...

They look so awesome! Like seriously... I really think I'll get one of those next! *__*

Wanny said...

whoa!!! they look awesome !

Kristiina Laakso said...

I love those lenses, they suits to you very well! You are so pretty! (:

http://pitsisiivinkohtiunelmia.blogspot.fi/

Ada Agupitan said...

Oh really? That's too bad! Is it because your eyes are sensitive? I didn't know how to use contact lenses before so I visited my optometrist and we had a practice session until I got it haha. It guess it really just takes practice.


Another problem is that maybe your base curve is different from usual contact lenses (8.6mm). You may want to visit your eye doctor to have your eye base curve measured :)

Ada Agupitan said...

The green one is definitely the most noticeable! And yeah, I was expecting a more pastel or baby-pink with the pink one but it's more magenta-toned.


Thanks for dropping by~!

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha! I know right? They're so girly but still somewhat natural looking (if pink was a natural eye color) LOL.

Ada Agupitan said...

SPECIALLENS (http://www.speciallens.com/) is currently having a buy-2-get-1-free promo for certain lenses. You can check it out here: http://www.speciallens.com/buy-2-free-1/

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Janet :P Circle lenses are the secret to big dolly eyes hahaha.

Ada Agupitan said...

They're totally worth it! They don't look too overwhelming but give nice enlargement and have pretty colors!

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha. They are! I was so fortunate to win these :P

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Kristina! The lenses really do make a difference with the right makeup :) Thanks for dropping by!

chamee pecson said...

I've been wanting to use contact lenses for a long time. Maybe I'll give this a shot someday.

Btw, I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Win LOTS OF AWESOME ACCESSORIES FROM MISS LITRATISTA ! Giveaway ends on August 31!

Chamee of PIXELS AND TALES

Panda said...

hi ya~! finally back on commenting lol :p

I ENVYYY!!! I've been wanting to use lenses since secondary school but due to my astigmatisms then I can't lol


anyway, you should do a make up tutorial Ada! I really want to do that fun three color eyeshadow you did in CL the baddest female post ahahahaa


xoxo
-Chelle

astigmatisma

Source: http://www.optikmelawai.com/eye_info/perbedaan-mata-minus-dan-silinder/144/
astigmatisma

Source: http://www.optikmelawai.com/eye_info/perbedaan-mata-minus-dan-silinder/144/
astigmatisma

Source: http://www.optikmelawai.com/eye_info/perbedaan-mata-minus-dan-silinder/144/

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

16mm!! Whuut?! i have small eyes can this fit kaya :P i love the pink! i always wanted to try pink <3 they all look gorgeous on u but i love the pink talaga :)) i never heard of this brand before, thank goodness u blogged this, xoxo

Raquel Pereira said...

Such cool lens you have on!
I love the green ones.

I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other! Please let me know :)

Diana Horsfall said...

looks amazing, but i am still scared to wear them http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/07/back-from-vacation-and-choies-dress.html

Sie Cajilig said...

I adore huge lenses. Haha. 16mms are my faves. I absolutely love the pink one! It color shows but not too much, giving it a nice hint of sweetness. <3

Ada Agupitan said...

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for sharing and glad you enjoyed this review!

Ada Agupitan said...

Wah, I only saw this comment now. There are toric lenses available for astigmatism though :P I'll try doing video tutorials in october when I have more time haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Lol maliit rin yung sa akin pero nagkasya naman haha :P

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww. It's okay! Natural eyes are also very very pretty!

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha I prefer smaller ones to large lenses, but I really love this for the design and color they give. I have to wear more eye makeup to pull it off, but it gives a very nice dolly effect :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Of course I'd love to follow you :) just hook me up with a link to your blog :)

Raquel Pereira said...

Oh. I'm sorry I didn't put a link to my blog, I totally forgot.

There it is if you want to check it out :)

http://captivatingcolor.blogspot.pt/

Ada Agupitan said...

What a lovely blog! I've followed :) Thanks for visiting! :D

sherry ann gole cruz said...

love the violet lens :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha, it looks violet, doesn't it? But it's actually pink :P

Pearliza Concepcion-Nuval Pagu said...

I also love the Gray lens however i would wanna try the Pink since it's my favorite color haha :)

Rissa Noma said...

I love the Pink one! Di sya takaw attention.. Sabagay love ko talaga ang pink. haven't tried using lenses before. Pero pag nag start ako gumamit yung mga na review mo ang ita try ko. :)

Ada Agupitan said...

I know. for something na malaki at kakaiba yung kulay, napaka subtle at natural yung look niya. Make sure you pay a visit to your local optometrist or ophthalmologist before trying out lenses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...