Review: EOS Flower 2-Tone Blue Lenses

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Whew! It's been a long week for me and due to my work load I wasn't able to post in a few days. Owell. But now I'm back with a sponsored review of some new contact lenses from Dull to Doll.

These are my second pair of lenses from the shop and were sent to me kindly for review and as excited as I am about these, I'll try to be as objective as possible as I review these haha.

For info on my first fashion lens experience, lens care and general lens handling tips, you can check out my previous post on lenses here.

This time I'm reviewing some EOS Lenses a brand of lenses from South Korea and are among the most popular brands of lenses these days. The lenses I received came in Flower 2-Tone Blue and look absolutely gorgeous.
EOS Flower 2-Tone Blue Soft Contact Lens Review Dull to Doll

Before I get started on the actual lenses, may I just comment on how beautifully packaged these lenses came to me via mail? Dull to Doll does a good job with the packaging and presentation and even comes with some simple lens care and preparation reminders. So sweet!

EOS Flower 2-Tone Blue Soft Contact Lens Review Dull to Doll

The Flower 2-Tone Blue lenses I got were both plano (although both my eyes are -1.25). They're 14.00mm in diameter and have a base curve of 8.6mm. One of the best parts is that they have 38% water content, making them soft and comfy to wear.

Enlargement
On the first impression, the lenses look a bit daunting - a flower isn't exactly the first thing you'd expect to see in somebody's eyes :P But when you wear them they actually look really natural! IKR, I never expected it either. They have a very subtle enlarging effect that doesn't come off as too dolly and the flower petals actually blend into the irises to give your eyes a cool 2-toned look to them. They're not even too obvious (but still make an impact) in natural light!

EOS Flower 2-Tone Blue Soft Contact Lens Review Dull to Doll



Wear-ability 
Of course, these aren't lenses I would recommend wearing without a decent amount of eye makeup. I think eye makeup really does the trick of balancing out what would be rather dramatic looking lenses. I think framing the lenses well with eyeliner that isn't too top-heavy does the trick of making them more wearable. Do you guys think I pulled it off well? ;)


EOS Flower 2-Tone Blue Soft Contact Lens Review Dull to Doll

Comfort
Comfort is always at the top of my list where lenses are concerned, and with a water content of 38%, you barely even feel them there. People ask me why even with lenses with higher water content, they might still feel uncomfortable on your eyes. If this is the case for you, it might not be the water content, but the base curve you should be looking at. Not all eyes have the same base curve, and if your eyes are narrower or wider, the lenses might not adhere correctly to your eyes and cause irritation. That's the case with my right eye, but because my base curve isn't that varied from the normal, it doesn't bother me much. Try checking up with your eye doctor to see if you have differences in your eyes :)

EOS Flower 2-Tone Blue Soft Contact Lens Review Dull to Doll
hahaha I need a haircut

All in all I'm loving these lenses and might try getting them graded in brown. What do you guys think? Are you fond of fashion or fancy lenses? Or are you more inclined to natural-looking enlargement? Any questions? Feel free to ask me in the comments below.

If you enjoyed this post and are curious of other lenses available, why not try checking out Dull to Doll? They have a wide selection of lenses, both graded and non-graded and in different designs as well.

Dull to Doll Online Shop
That's it for now!

Ada, signing out~
Get Quality Website Philippines

30 comments:

Tea said...

wow those lenses look great on you! The flower pattern is really unique and prettyful too :D
I think those would look really good in brown on your eyes. Especially because the flower pattern would make it so unique but natural at the same time.

I personally love shocking colored lenses. I kind of want to go down the street one day wearing bright red lenses or white lenses just to get people's reactions xD

Janet said...

you look so gorgeous! i envy you guys for able to wear any type of lens yet still look lovely! I'm also stuck with brown as other colors would make me look like an alien >_< Thanks for sharing ^_~ you are so pretty ^_~

Ada Agupitan said...

I'll try to get more brown lenses. I just hate having to pre-order graded ones since they always take longer to arrive. Saving up so I can buy many on one go for better deals :P


I have some graded fashion lenses, but they're HUGE and make my eyes look humongous. I'd probably need major lashes and dolly makeup to pull them off, so I'll save them for a special occasion haha

Ada Agupitan said...

I've seen one of your pics with blue lenses if I'm not mistaken! What are you talking about? They suit you pretty well! Thanks for dropping by~!

Amandaaa said...

OHMYGOOODNNESS you look gooorrggeeeouuusss in these pictures!! they lens are pretty too :3 haha! gahhh if only my eyes would stop rejecting the amazing-ness of contact lens T__T
riceysupreme.blogspot.com

Raimar Guevara said...

These lenses look very beautiful in you really have a nice design and very sharp.

xoxo

http://www.sakuranko.com/

Lys N. said...

Wooow, I love them, they look so great on you!!

Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

Ada Agupitan said...

Lol what you can't get with actual lenses, there's always photoshop LOL. Not that you need it. Your natural eye color is already amazing and suits you well :P I just happen to be one of those people who crave attention (I admit it, okayyyyy) so lenses are right up my alley ahaha.

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks very much :3

Ada Agupitan said...

Awww shucks. Thanks. Thanks also for following and dropping by! I've followed back! :)

Amandaaa said...

teehee oh i do photoshop my eyes different colors >:] sometimes it's fun just to swtich up naw meannn?! haha!

Laura Haslam said...

These lenses look lovely! Normally I don't like ones with patterns or designs in them, like Hello Kitty or flowers as they look funky when they're in your eyes but these look gorgeous! It's also really interesting to know about the base curve/irritation thing as sometimes my eyes get irritated/dry/tired when wearing lenses but they should be relatively comfortable! Maybe I'll book myself in for an eye test to get to know the down-low on my eyes! XD

Your blog is so lovely, I always enjoy reading your posts so I've nominated/tagged you for the Liebster Blogging Award! I hope you'll participate! http://geishababy.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-liebster-blogging-award.html

Christine said...

oh wow, that's such beautiful contact lens! i love the colour too, i really want them! :)

I hope you're having a beautiful day ~ XO
NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks for tagging me! I've actually been nominated for this twice this month and a few times back, but I absolutely love tags so I'll try to do this when I have time and I'll make sure to link you back as well.

Thanks for all the compliments as well haha. These lenses are pretty good and yeah, it really is sorta important to get your eyes checked once in a while :)

Thanks for dropping by! Your blog looks lovely so I've followed you :) Hope to hear more from you soon!

Ada Agupitan said...

I think they're easily available in a lot of EOS resellers shops :) go check them out! Thanks for dropping by!

catherine wijaya said...

the style is very gorgeous ! xD

Sílvia Ávila said...

i love the blue contact lens, it´s a nice colour for you

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! It's surprisingly natural looking despite the blue design :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! I didn't expect it to suit me so well haha

Erica M. Baylosis said...

the flower design its kinda cute :) also the packaging very beautiful ^_^

JaniceQue said...

Cute lenses! Actually, you looked like Myrtle Sarosa on your last photo. ;)

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah! Super! Ang galing talaga ng Dull to Doll. Great service and everything haha.

Ada Agupitan said...

Hahaha. I get that a lot. Especially when I used to have my full bangs :P Thanks!

Irene Chandra said...

the flower pattern looks really good! :3

Ada Agupitan said...

I know! I love it. It looks so pretty and whimsical :)

Rissa Noma said...

this really look good on you! I wish I know how to put eyeliner like you do. hihi.

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha I usually use a pen-type liner so it's a lot easier than normal liquid liner :P

Rissa Noma said...

kyaaaaa! I love this lens on you! And I use pen liner too. ^_^

Chrissy Lee said...

Hi, those contacts are gorg on you, where did you get them from?

Ada Agupitan said...

You should be able to get them from any Contact Lens distrubutor that stocks EOS, like PinkyParadise or EyeCandys.com. But these were sent to me by my sponsor Dull to Doll, a Philippine-based company :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...