My Lab Life: I love NIMBB

Friday, December 07, 2012

Because this blog is primarily a personal blog above anything else, I thought I'd give a tad bit more emphasis on the goings on of my life. I'm taking this chance to let my readers get to know more about me, and maybe even get to know more about them in the process haha.

It may not be obvious by my quirky way of speaking and rather queer obsession with fashion and makeup, but I'm actually a Molecular Biology and Biotechnology student. SAY WHUTTTT? Basically most of my work and studies center around DNA, biomolecules, cell culture and all that nitty gritty labwork that most people would cringe away from in high school. Yes, Ada is a closet bio nerd.

Ada Agupitan
Does this look like the face of a bio nerd to you!?!?!?!?!?

Regardless of my rather out of sync hobbies and interests, I'm actually pretty in love with my field. We're all a bunch of beautiful and handsome nerds with the passion for science haha. It's no wonder then that when the pictorial for the 25th year of the National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology came  around, we were all for it like the true camwhores that we are hahaha.

Ada Agupitan National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology in the University of the Philippines Diliman on its 25th year anniversary
We're just that photogenic, okay?

I think this just goes to prove that even science majors can dress themselves up if they want to, a testimony of which are the gorgeous girls above (yes, myself included hohoho).

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman New Building

In addition to 25 years of indisputable excellence, we're also celebrating the transfer to our brand new fancy-schmancy building. So what if you can barely see our faces? OUR WINDOWS ARE FLIPPIN' REFLECTIVE YO. 

Rage Face U Jelly troll face meme

But seriously, I'd be maimed if I didn't show off our awesome batch pictures haha. Say hello to the most awesome batch of promising young doctors/researchers/entrepreneurs/leaders-to-be.

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014
HECK YEAH.

And the entire next week is a week dedicated to the 25th Anniversary of my institute and moving into the new building. YAY~ PARTYYYY!

All in all, I guess this post is here because this blog has been lacking a bit of me lately. And I really just wanted to say that I love my institute haha. Plus, I think these pictures of me came out pretty well LOL.

AND NOW FOR A LOOK BEHIND THE SCENES!

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

And here's some for my awesomely hilarious batchmates. You guys always make me smile :3

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology University of the Philippines Diliman Batch 2014

Hope you guys will allow me a bit of this self-indulgent posting :P This is of course a personal blog above it being a movie/music/fashion/makeup blog. Don't worry. I'll get back to my regularly scheduled programming soon. Unless you want more of these posts. Just feel free to ask :)

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

16 comments:

wan winkle said...

you guys are so fun.... yeaaah~ i want more of theses posts

kissy \❤/

y u k u . said...

I love the gifs. They look like so much fun and your institue looks brand new and great! o,o
You are so fresh and vivid there and I really have to say, oh Ada, you are such a beauty! *^*

Amandaaa said...

1. I am very jelly of your buildings reflective windows
2. I also have a very peculiar set of out of sync interests being a computer techie nerd major hahaha :) whatever makes us happy! We are who we are! :D nerd pride!!!

Riceysupreme.blogspot.com

Petty_air said...

You have no idea how jelly I am! *jelly, jelly, jelly!* Our uni decided to build a new building for the first years and all the other science students (aka, me) have to put up with the crappy old buildings >< and they're so ugly toooo. But, you're so lucky! The building looks gorgeous! AND! I'm jelly of the overall dynamics of your peers, I swear down here I know everyone in my lecture hall but none of us are...so to say as close, they're just boring down here or maybe biochem students are just boring in general *laughs*

Ada Agupitan said...

I'll try to do more of these haha. Thanks Wanny~

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww shucks. It's partially due to the photographer too. He's pretty talented haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Yes, reflective windows. Its like a one-way mirror. That way we can spy on our neighboring building (biology) and not get caught hohoho B-)


WHOOO, I never knew you were a computer techie! My bro's a software engineer (computer science). I think I'd probably be in comsci too if I weren't enamored with bacteria lol.

Ada Agupitan said...

D: That sucks. I can sorta relate. When I came into my uni, during our orientation, they said we'd be using this building as the first freshman batch. three years later and only NOW are we moving in. So I only have a year and a half left to make the most out of this building. But better late than never, right?


Our batch is pretty close. We have almost all our classes together because our course is specialized, and since it's a small batch we're practically family. I'm really appreciative of that now haha

Chai Chen said...

Really nice building Ada! :) Jelly indeed! Thanks for sharing good stuff about you too. It's rare for me to meet science geeks, much more yet pretty too like you. :) Cool photos with your batch mates! :)

Happy weekend dear!

♡★ 1st Blog giveaway! (^_^) ★♡
#ChaiChenGiveaways (International)
Chai's December Birthday Bash - 1st Giveaway! <--click this!
Win shoes, clothing, and accessories worth around $88 from Asianvogue Shop, FlauntPH, and Bedazzle Accessories!

New Post up!
Hope you can visit me too!
eFoxCity Brings Retail Shopping at Wholesale Highly Affordable Pricing!

~Chai
http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

Armel Madsen said...

yeah, your interests and hobbies are so far off from your field. i even tend to forget that you're a molecular biology student. but that's cool. geeks rule these days :)


enjoy your new building, by the way. at least you got a few sems left before you graduate.

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

Hannah Carmela Quinco said...

Congratulations with your new building haha my course's building..haha not my college's but my course's building will have a mirror building built somewhere near it daw :)) haha so excited. Yey for better UPD buildings!

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha. Science geeks aren't that uncommon. you just have to know where to look ;)


I'll go check your site out. Thanks for dropping by~

Ada Agupitan said...

haha yeah, we're the people who will influence the future tech. That is if the end of the world doesn't come ahaha. Susulitin ko talaga yung building. a year and a half left!

Ada Agupitan said...

Is this the industrial engineering building? :o or an engineering building? naglalabasan na kasi yung UPD ng pera before the year ends eh. Hope your building finishes soon~ So we can both make other people jelly haha

Erica M. Baylosis said...

your very lucky you have many friends :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Not just friends, family <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...