NOTW: Pink Crackle and Pop

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's another lazy day - the awkward day sandwiched in between two weekends when you just wish it were friday already. I have more prim and proper posts planned but in all honesty, I'm much too lazy to actually pull them off so I thought I'd give myself a break with a simple Nail of the Week.

NOTW Pink Crackle Pop 236B Greenwich Village from the In a New York Color Minute line by N.Y.C. (New York Color) and Black Cracking Crackle Crack Nail Up Polish Korean Brand

I was in a very Punk/Pop Princess type of mood so I thought why not exemplify it in the form of two of the most cliche and overly used colors used in the characterization of that stereotype? Yehp, pink and black are definitely very Post-Harajuku Avril Lavigne-y. Despite crackle nail polish being an old trend, I thought it suited my inner mood, so why not? Who knows, we may see a revival coming in. LOL.

NOTW Pink Crackle Pop 236B Greenwich Village from the In a New York Color Minute line by N.Y.C. (New York Color) and Black Cracking Crackle Crack Nail Up Polish Korean Brand

I used pretty cheap polishes for this NOTW because they dried quickly and I only really had time for a quick nail-job. The pink is the color 236B Greenwich Village from the In a New York Color Minute line by N.Y.C. (New York Color). This is a pretty old polish that my aunt got on sale and handed down to me. The black crackle polish on the other hand is an obscure Korean brand called Nail Up. The brand sells pretty good matte environmental and cracking polish for cheap (80 to 120php a pop). You can find their stall and sometimes even the owner manning the stall over at the 2nd or 3rd Floor of Trinoma? I'm not actually sure haha. I'm horrible with directions. But it's definitely worth checking out because their selection is huge and they sell a variety of nail art tools like dotters, nail stripers and stamps.

So yeah, that's it for now. Hopefully I'm in the mood for some more serious posts later on :P Hope this will suffice for now~

Ada, signing out.

Get Quality Website Philippines

8 comments:

wan winkle said...

ok...... i just LOVE that !!!!!

Jing-Jing said...

Pretty nails! My nails are currently really chipped due to laziness =w="
I remember I used to love crackle polishes when they first came out! Will have to find my bottle and do some crackled nails again one day!

Amandaaa said...

your pictures always come out so nice! what camera do you use? ^^ ohh and thanks for adding me to your blog list :blushes: it's a first for me!

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks wanny <3

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha mine chip easily too. I usually just cheat and touch up, and with crackle polish it's less obvious :P

Ada Agupitan said...

No problem. I'm planning on doing a rotation on blogs I read. Hopefully all the blogs I follow will get a chance of being featured.


I use my Panasonic HS700 which is actually a video handy cam. But because of an auxiliary lens that I purchased, I'm better able to take wide angle and macro shots.


Honestly, I think the camera isn't what matters most. Good lighting and photoshop levels and curves are enough to fix graininess and discoloration :) The only editing I do my photos is mainly for color correction, so that the products I feature or blog about appear as true to life as can be :)

Erica M. Baylosis said...

yikes :) i will try this soon :) its my favorite color purple :) btw , get well soon ate ada :)

Ada Agupitan said...

May murang version ng crackling polish sa mga department stores :)) medyo laos na sa trend pero fun pa rin na gawin kapag tamad haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...