Summer Foundation Routine!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Whoo! It's finally here! This is some pretty awkward timing -- one, because it's probably not even summer where most of my readers are and two, it's just about time for rainy season to start settling in here in the Philippines. But it's still going to be pretty hot, and the sun's not really going away so I thought I'd just go ahead and get this over with LOL. Here's  my looooong overdue summer foundation routine.


So here's a detailed overview of all the products I mentioned and used in the video! Feel free to ask me more about the products and how I use them. Then again, we all have different skin hahaha. But here's my experience and thoughts on the products mentioned :P

Celeteque's Alcohol-Free TonerSkinWhite Advanced Whitening Lotion and Etude House Flower Moistfull Cream

Foundation usually starts off with face prep. Before actually putting anything on, after I wash my face, I make sure to tone my face. My face feels fresher and more revitalized after :P I used to love using Etude's toner from their aloe line, but I ran out and they haven't restocked in ages so  had to go looking for a new non-drying toner. Celeteque's Alcohol-Free Toner was practically a god-send. It's a pretty simple formulation but it works wonders on my skin and doesn't dry it out. If you're looking for something that isn't too irritating, I recommend this.

The Philippine sun is notorious for being ridiculously hot from 9-3, the hours that I'm probably out most. I've been such a sunblock freak lately and I find that normal facial moisturizers with SPF don't really do so much for me. So I tried mixing some of this SkinWhite stuff with my daily moisturizer (Etude House Flower Moistfull Cream) for a DIY moisturizer and I must say, it works pretty well.

Carmex Protecting Lip Balm EOS in Strawberry Sorbet

This isn't really face related, but lip-care is on the top of my list this summer. It's really easy to get dehydrated and even though the rest of your face is probably dripping in oil (eww), your lips might end up chapped. Not to mention, your lips aren't exactly immune to UV rays either. My usual pick is Carmex Protecting Lip Balm, but I've been loving EOS in Strawberry Sorbet lately as well. I can't really recommend one or the other because I've read a lot of people having allergic reactions to both these lip balms. I guess it's different for every person because I've been loving these to bits.

Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence and Stick

I don't usually prime my face because I feel like it's just another heavy layer of makeup to add on, but done in the right way, it really does help your makeup's longevity. These two variations of Etude House's Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer (Stick/Essence) have been my staple favorites for a very very very long time, and I'm still using them. The stick's really helps with my oil control and the primer helps me achieve a more glow-y finish.

Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine-Free BB Stick, The Face Shop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream and Tony Moly's Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream, ArtDeco Long-lasting oil-free foundation

Foundation-wise, I've pretty much been stick to BB Creams and CC Creams. Nothing really new in my arsenal since last time. I usually rotate between three products - Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine-Free BB Stick, The Face Shop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream and Tony Moly's Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream - from most matte to most glowy. They all have decent SPF, but give different finishes. The amount I use of each one varies depending on my skin-tone for the day. I swear, my skin tone changes like, everyday.

For days when I want more coverage though, I stick with ArtDeco's Long-Lasting Oil-Free Foundation. It's a little dark on my skin so I mix it in with a little of the Aqua Tinted BB Cream.

Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine-Free BB Stick, The Face Shop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream and Tony Moly's Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream, ArtDeco Long-lasting oil-free foundation
From left to right: ArtDeco Long-lasting oil-free foundation,  Tony Moly's Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream,  The Face Shop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream and Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine-Free BB Stick
 Because most of the face makeup I used is pretty light coverage, concealer is a must, especially if you're like me have monster eyebags. *Insert girly screech here*

Flormar Perfect Coverage Liquid Concealer

I got Flormar Perfect Coverage Liquid Concealer on sale from Watson's a few months ago and I've been using it ever since. It was practically a steal, considering how much product comes in the package and how well it covers, even with just a little bit of product. This concealer has a yellow undertone, so it neutralizes the blue on my undereyes perfectly. It's also pretty good for minor blemishes and redness around the nose area, and still comes off pretty light-weight. I LOVE it!

On days when I don't really expect to stay out in the sun long, I can totally deal without setting my makeup for a nice translucent and natural glow. But on days when I need the extra hold, setting is a must!

Sometimes I just use a loose translucent powder, but for extra coverage, I like setting my makeup with a thin dusting of Maybelline's Clear Smooth Extra Shine-Free Powder Foundation. As long as you have a light hand, and apply with a fluffy brush, this doesn't really cake up, especially if you use a really light-weight BB or CC Cream as a base.

Maybelline's Clear Smooth Extra Shine-Free Powder Foundation

Because my skin is ridiculously fickle, I compensate for any tone-discrepancies with bronzer. A good matte bronzer like Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder is really easy to use. Sometimes I play the mix and match game and mix it in with some loose powder to come up with a lighter bronzer color on pale days LOL. I honestly have no idea how the heck I'm going to finish this entire tin because HELLO??? It's friggin' huge. Price-wise it's definitely a good deal.

Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder Etude House Cupcake All-Over Colors Physicians Formula's Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Warm

I've been loving cream blushes and have been giving some new life to my Etude House Cupcake All-Over Colors (I know, I've had them for forever and haven't even made a dent in them!). But something new on my favorites list is Physicians Formula's Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Warm. I was actually really surprised when I used this because in the packaging, the pinks look pretty cool-toned. But when applied it gives such a peachy sheen and is perfect for a nice highlight! The top half is really light  and the bottom half can be used for a deeper color, but when you swirl it all together, it gives a really subtle, natural glow :) Seriously, the pictures and video do not do it justice T_T.

Physicians Formula's Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Warm, Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder in Brunettes and Etude House Cupcake All-Over Color in Orange Choux Cake Swatches
From Left to Right: Physicians Formula's Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Warm, Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder in Brunettes and Etude House Cupcake All-Over Color in Orange Choux Cake
And here's the finished product below. Disclaimer: I played with the levels because my lighting is still pretty crappy and I spot-healed the two zits on my forehead because they were ridiculously bulbous on still shots - more so than on my video. Everything else is still the same though. Please don't judge me for my insecurities. At least I'm decent enough to admit them, right? x_x


So that' pretty much it!

I really want to hear from you guys about the format of my videos. Did you like my old background setup on my update video or do you prefer the new one? I'm still trying to get my bearings so I can see which setup and lighting's better.

Also, would you guys prefer it if I talked directly at the camera or do you like the current format as it is with me voicing it over? I'll try playing with a few video formats in the future just to get a feel of what you guys prefer.

That's pretty much it! Let me know about your tips and tricks for staying fresh in the summer :) (or any other season) :) And if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop me a line! That's it for now!

Ada signing out!

My Previous Video


Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

5 comments:

Cryz said...

you got me a little bit curious on that Celeteque toner. i (recently) finished my huge etude house wonder pore toner, so maybe i'll check that toner out? :) great post, btw!

http:winniewrites.wordpress.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Celeteque is one of the most basic toners you can find :)) It doesn't have a lot of flare or added ingredients to it, but then again, because it's so simple, the chance that it strikes out is pretty low. It's sort of like how Ponds Cold Cream is a beauty staple hahaha. Definitely try it. It's also pretty cheap, so if it doesn't work out for you, you don't lose much :)

y u k u . said...

Aww thanks a lot. (。・//ε//・。) ♡
Well, I'll work something up for that dryness problem eventually...

Noelle said...

I love that you are back I'm such a big fan of yours! I hope to be like you and soon graduate from college! How did you stay so focused on school! Also I am trying to find the skinwhite lotion online, can you recommend to me where I can get it? I don't live in PH so it's hard for me to get asian skincare/ makeup goodies

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, thanks for being a loyal reader! College was a big part of my life. So much so that I had to give up blogging for a while. It helps to keep yourself surrounded with people with goals like yours.

I think you can find SkinWhite in this online shop: http://www.yollieorientalonline.com/

(http://www.yollieorientalonline.com/skin-white-whitening-hand-boday-lotion-spf-10-350-ml/) or (http://www.yollieorientalonline.com/skin-white-whitening-lotion-papaya-milk-spf-10-w-vitanourish-formula-200ml/) and other variants as well.



I'm just not sure if they have the Advanced Variation like I have here on my blog.


I'd offer to do a swap with you so I could let you try it, but it's just not within my capability right now :( Maybe, if the above links don't work out, you can try another Filipina blogger who can do a swap with you :) It's always a good way to widen both of your makeup and beauty horizons :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...