Review: EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hey guys! I'm back with another circle lens review! These lenses were sent to me by the lovely people at Iszo Circle Lens to review. I was originally interested in the Princess Nudy collection but because of availability, the Neko from Iszo recommended to me these EOS Starry Brown circle lenses as I was looking for some lenses that were natural looking but also noticeable at the same time.

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

The lenses only took twelve days to get here to my doorstep so I can pretty much say that the shipping and processing is speedy and efficient! Plus the lenses came in this cute little packaging.

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

It's not in a box, so I'm not sure how safe this will be for shipment to places farther away than Asia but the bubble wrap inside did a pretty good job of keeping the lens vials safe :) The lenses came with a nifty and convenient lens case which I've been using for my normal prescription lenses recently.

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

Specifications
I got my lenses graded (-1.25 for both eyes). The specifications on the site peg these lenses to be 14.8 mm in diameter with a base curve of 8.6 mm. But when I got the vial, I found that the base curve of the lenses was actually 8.8 mm, a whole 0.2mm more concave than my usual base curved lenses, which was a tad bit worrying.

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

Color
EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

What can I say? It does look rather natural with its light hazel brown undertone and it blends quite well into my dark brown eyes. The outer rim is a slightly darker chestnut brown as it fades into its second tone of a more goldenrod-ish brown.

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

You can tell by the picture above that the lens itself is rather flimsy because of the wider base curve (meaning it's more round than usual. This affects lens wear DRASTICALLY as I'll discuss below.

Comfort
I'll just say that these lenses were not as comfortable to wear as other lenses that I've tried. The wider base curve made them extremely difficult to put on as they would not adhere to the surface of my eye due to lack of surface tension. It's sort of like trying to fit a b-cup into a c-cup if you know what I mean. Because it was more convex that the actual curve of my eye, only the outer part of the lenses would stick to my eye and there'd be this thin empty bubble of air between the lens and my eye, making it rather difficult to wear, and sometimes, it'd even pop out on its own D: In other words, the fit is very loose :(

I don't think I'd be able to wear this for a long time or outside the realm of photoshoots. And it's such a shame as well because I absolutely LOVE the color and the effect it has on my eyes.

Enlargement and Wear
EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

It really is such a shame that these lenses don't wear as comfortably as others. They look absolutely stunning on my eyes and suit my skin quite well, don't you think? Also, the 14.8 mm diameter makes my eyes look more awake and dolly with a more natural flare to them because of the iris design.

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

So all in all these lenses are amazing for their cute design, but I won't be able to make the most of them because the base curve doesn't match the base curve of my eyes (8.5-8.6mm). It's such a pity.

That being said, if you still love the design and don't have much trouble with 8.8 mm base curve lenses, you can check out the Iszo's other designs here! This variant of lens is carried in four other colors on their site and there are a lot more to choose from as well! If you're interested, feel free to check out their selection by clicking the banner below!

EOS Starry Brown from Iszo Circle Lens Review

That's pretty much it! If you have the time, please support me in the running for Etude House's Pink Artiste 2013 by LIKING and SHARING my picture entry in the picture linked on the sidebar on the left or below and by giving my video entry a thumbs up1 Like on facebook = 1 Vote for me so please support by telling your friends about it as well!


1 Like = 1 Vote

Ada, signing out!
Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin

Get Quality Website Philippines

23 comments:

Rossy said...

you're so pretty ada !
The lens looks so well on you.. and the enlargement is amazing.. love the color too >.<

BellaAng said...

The design is so pretty :D And because the of the color, the lenses don't look tacky when worn.
Sorry about the very oot question, but how do you groom your eyebrows? Mine are kind of like yours, they're narrow at the base then become wider at the arch XD Sobrang hassle na kasi ayusin

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Rossy :) I'm in love with the color as well :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah! Ang cute nga ng color. Not 'natural' but very passable :P


I don't 'groom' my brows exactly. D: I just pluck out sparse strays that grow out of nowhere. I've been meaning to go to a brow salon nga sa may Eastwood, but my friends have been trying to pursuade me otherwise kasi in most brow salons, they always go for the typical arch. Feeling ko kasi di masyadong bagay yung super neat na arch sa akin, and given the natural shape of my brows, baka mas maganda kung yung mala-Korean box-type brow nalang gawin ko, but most brow salons here in the Phil don't understand that brow shape yet eh D:


Still looking for a solution. Pero glad to find na may karamay ako sa problematic brows ko TT_TT

AtomicNony said...

I love the color of these lenses, they are so pretty ♥
they look kind of vampy

Amandaaa said...

woaahhh those are soo prettyy! it's very anime-esque and make your eyeslook so sparkly almost haha x]! too bad they aren't the right base curve for you :|


riceysupreme.blogspot.com

Banny said...

The color is so pretty and looks great with your make up!

Janna Joshelle Parel said...

They look absolutely stunning on you! It's a shame they're "loose". :(

Penelope said...

Usually I'm not a fan of light colors, but these are SO pretty on you. I love your eye make up too (tutorial maybe ♥~? (。 >艸<)) Odd that they're 8.8, most circle lenses are 8.6. :( I hope you'll find ones with the same design but with your base curve.

Tiffany Elle said...

ahhh you are absolutely so maganda!! the BC seems too far off for me...i wouldn't want to risk hurting my eyes but they are so pretty.

samplehime.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah they do give a rather vampy effect don't they? haha

Ada Agupitan said...

I knowwwwww. It's really such a waste. It would be great to wear to special occasions or for photoshoots D: Oh yeah! And I used the hard candy palette you sent me here hahaha. :P

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! Too bad the fit isn't right though :P

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah! I'll be trying out grey lenses soon. Darker lenses look more life-like on me, but sometimes I enjoy going lighter for a little oomph :)

Ada Agupitan said...

It really is quite a shame. The color is so striking and unique as well. Oh well. There will be other lenses to review next time :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Lighter colors tend to wash me out but this one seems rather okay in natural light. I'll try to make a tutorial at the end of may so I have something to share with you guys :)


It really is odd that it's 8.8. I tried it on and I was so frustrated when they just kept popping out of my eye when I blinked even though they were properly on my iris already. Then I checked the bottle and I saw that it was 8.8 x_x I can usually take +/- .1 but .2 difference is a bit eh. Wearing them was bearable but it wasn't the most comfortable of experiences x_x thank goodness for the 38% water content D:

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, thanks. You're making me blush haha. Yeah, the BC is ridiculous o_o it would pop off sometimes when I blinked! But the color is really great D: it's such a waste. The high water content prevented the lenses from damaging my cornea so it was bearable to wear. just not convenient and the most comfortable experience ever D:

Clarisse Litiatco said...

lovelt camera you have! hihi sorry i just have to comment on your photos. ang gaganda! theyre so clear!!

Ada Agupitan said...

haha yeah! I was pretty surprised myself. I can actually make out the reflection of my camera as it takes the picture on my eye LOL. This isn't an SLR though. It's just a Full HD Video Cam from Panasonic (HDC-HS700). I originally got it for filming hd music videos but it's served well as a multi-purpose camera :) I attach makeshift lenses using a lens adapter (since walang lenses available for panasonic video cams). So I mostly just toy with wide angle and macro lenses, but sometimes I try making my own filters :P

pigina said...

Sorry but now that I tried so many shops I really prefer products from Solution-lens as they only have genuine items and they offer 1 free pair for every order of 2 pairs, I
loooove them so much hahaha !!!

kiran k said...

Nice post, you can virtually try colored lenses through www.lenstagram.com

Dewie Aprillia said...

I think you're better suited wearing a dark circle lens Dear :(
but, your FOTD pretty as always ^^

Cayumi Nagamura said...

Great review, thanks for sharing it here !
i like the way you present your blog post.
I will visit your blog more often
Just for your info. you can also check out www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.
Enjoy and stay pretty : )
Mimiko

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...