Short Artpost: Spring Withdrawal

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Ugh, the weather's really been bugging me lately - I don't know whether I should wade it out with boots or save my boots the grief of horrid floodwater and just brave it out with sandals. Granted the latter doesn't seem so sanitary, but it's better than the unpleasant feeling you get when your shoes are wet inside.

It's times like these I wish we had Spring here in the Philippines. I say spring because summer is far too hot for me to withstand and somehow, spring just screams pleasant weather. That's probably because I don't have hay fever haha.

In light of this spring withdrawal, I found myself doodling the way I used to back in the day, when I didn't actually pre-think what I was going to draw. And lately, with all the HSJ Art Posts I've been doing, I thought I'd try something different.

Fairy Art Sketch by Ada Agupitan
07/24/12 Medium: Mongol Pencil; Completed in 1 Hour

Yehp, I understand I'm not exactly the best where shading and proportions are concerned - I'm not a trained artist after all, but I think it turned out better than expected considering I had no idea what I was doing.

Somehow she has a very 'Lolita-Thumbelina' feel to her haha, and if I had the time, I'd probably want to try and have something like this dress made for my own personal use. I doubt it'd suit me though haha.

I really wanted to color this piece but with my schedule it looks like it'll have to wait *sadface*. I'm thinking a similar color scheme as my blog would do this little lady well. Which reminds me - I used to name all my drawings when I was younger. I wonder where that habit went. I feel particularly uninspired today so I think I'll leave it to you guys to think of a name if it isn't too much of a bother.

What should I name her? :oooo


And don't foget! MY GIVEAWAY is still ongoing and approaching its last few days, so keep entering while you can! You can tweet and comment daily for more entries! :) I'm giving away a 1000 peso gift certificate for Fully Booked and 500 pesos worth of gift certificates for Robinsons Establishments (which also happens to include Saizen, the place where I bought these awesome candies). ENTER NOW!


Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

2 comments:

Unknown said...

now, that's just lovely , you're really talented at this ... i hope to see more of your drawings ❤

Ada Agupitan said...

Awww, thanks wanny! I'll try to do more fashion art posts soon :3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...