Vanity: I Miss Formal Events

Sunday, August 05, 2012

I was looking through my closet awhile ago and was struck by certain sense of nostalgia whilst looking through the plethora of formal dresses I own. And it hit me that I probably won't get a chance to wear them ever again unless there's like a huge photoshoot or something.

Sifting through my Two Prom Dresses, My Graduation Ball Dress and a few Bridesmaid dresses had me wondering when I'd ever get to wear such pretty dresses ever again. The closest probable occasion would be my College Graduation Ball, but even then it's not even a formal event and more of a semi-formal to smart-casual shindig.

My Graduation Ball Dress - It's a little too long for my liking.

Haha Our Senior Prom theme was Las Vegas - Of course I come dressed like I just had a shotgun wedding.

Lol a picture of me pre-prom. I like this dress. It actually makes me look like I have breasts ahaha.

This was a for a photoshoot last year. I ended up reusing my graduation ball dress. The theme was "The Seven Deadly Sins". I was envy, but my friends told me I look more like lust =_=

Ah, these photos really show off how short I am, don't they? If any of you are wondering, I'm only a mere 5 feet tall plus or minus a 3/4's of an inch (I'm taller in the morning). People keep telling me I looked a lot different then than I do now, but meh, I don't see it. I sure as hell haven't grown any taller D:

Sigh, I will miss dressing up for big occasions and having reasons to buy such lovely dresses. I mean technically, I could buy more, but it's not like I'd have anywhere to wear them, right? *sadface*

Do you guys have any dresses/outfits you only ever get to wear once or twice? I feel like it's such a waste. Owell.

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

19 comments:

Daydreaming Teacup said...

Those dresses look great! I only own about two formal dresses and they're quite plain in comparison. Lovely images, and you don't look short in the photos at all!

torukogyaru said...

Pretty dresses, love the white dress so much :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! It was one of my faves too! Haven't worn it in ages. It's probably gathering dust so it's probably not very white anymore haha

Ada Agupitan said...

I have a bunch of formal dresses but nothing as ball/dance worthy as these (these are my favorites). Thanks for saying I don't look short ;_; You have no idea how much it means to me. TT_TT

Pinky said...

you look fabulous on your dresses :)

check out my blog and follow me if you like ♥i'll follow you back ^_^
http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/

Panda said...

I have few XD
my prom dress, my bridesmaid dresses, and my ballet recital dress~
and no worries, I'm only 5'3 =__=

Xixia Wang said...

Wow, those dresses look so pretty! You look wonderful in them. And ahh, that 7 Deadly Sins photoshoot sounds like such a great idea.I just stumbled onto your blog, and I really like it. :) Follow back? ~x








♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Of course I'll drop by! Thanks for leaving a comment! :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks for dropping by and following! I'd love to follow you back!

vicky said...

hey sweetie
I just found your blog and I really love it!
Check my blog if you wanty and maybe we could follow each other!
I love your blog's labels!I have a contest in my blog right now,so you can take part if you want,you look a very creative person!
http://xouxounitsa.blogspot.com
xoxo

wan winkle said...

oh wow !!! i love your dresses o__0, you look gorgeous wearing them...
i also have about 3 dresses , of which only one was worn more that 2 times and a few others which were bought by my mom and which i would NEVER get in to.

Yuri said...

I love the dresses, especially your white prom dress. It looks gorgeous.
I become sad when I see my prom dress as well, there is no possible way I could ever wear it again :[ lol and since my older sis is getting married a bridesmaid dress will be added to the collection of no-reason-to-wear dress list.

Ada Agupitan said...

ah! Don't get me started on my figure skating dresses too. I guess that's just another bunch of clothes I won't be using x_x

Ada Agupitan said...

I might actually try this out! Is there anything in particular you want in your banner? Like preferred colorscheme, size specifications etc?

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, thank you! I have a lot more of these types of dresses that I wore to weddings as well and they're just gathering dust. Parents are always like that huh? Buying us clothes we'd never wear haha. At least we know they love us LOL.

Ada Agupitan said...

People really do seem to prefer the white one haha. But it isn't very 'white' anymore. I should try having it drycleaned and wearing it out just for the sake of it.


I have a lot of bridesmaid clothes as well :)) some of them don't even fit me anymore and I have no idea why I even keep them. My mom says it's for "sentimental value." LOL.

Wonder Woman said...

Beautiful dresses! Why not schedule a photo shoot, then, so they don't go to waste? :)


http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

I probably should, but on another occasion when it isn't so rainy and/or when I actually have time to. To be honest, being a science student in college doesn't exactly grant me the leisure of scheduling photo shoots, what with seven hour labs and formal reports for experiments haha.


Even during suspensions I'm pretty much packed so I guess I'm going to have to wait 'til sembreak to have an actual shoot :P Thanks for the recommendation tho! :D

sherry ann gole cruz said...

lovely dresses you got and i love what you wear on our graduation ball

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...