[EH] Juicy Cocktail Gradation Nail Polish 2

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Earlier on I posted about my haul from Etude House which included the Juicy Cocktail Gradation Nail Polish set as well as a review on the orangey-peachy-coral-y set of the product, or specifically the color in #1.

Today I'll be doing a follow up review on the purple set, #3

Etude House  Juicy Cocktail Gradation Nail Polish #3


Okay, so I said I'd follow up on the wear and tear of the polish set from last time and quite frankly, I was impressed. The nail polish stood its ground for a good week and a half without chipping and very minimal shrinkage. Were it not for the fact that I had put nail jewels on my ring finger (those are quite unreliable), I'm sure they would have gone a full two weeks or more. They lasted especially long because the coral color of the batch complemented the tone of my nails, so even when they grew out, the color change wasn't so obvious.

With such good results from the last set, I decided to go ahead and try the other set.

Nothing much different about the application except that this set seemed to dry much faster than the other one. You can check out the other review for reference.

Etude House  Juicy Cocktail Gradation Nail Polish #3 nail art

I tweaked the color of these on photoshop a little bit so they would be true to life and this is as true to life as the color gets. Color-wise, I prefer the coral set because it seems less loud, and because I have yellow toned skin, partially attributed to anemia, purple isn't really the best of nail colors to sport as it really does bring out how yellow my skin is.

My nails are also longer in this review than the last so you can see how the gradient looks on longer nails. Personally, I think this polish looks better from afar than from up-close because the gradient isn't as smooth upon closer inspection.

Etude House  Juicy Cocktail Gradation Nail Polish #3 nail art

Again, for about 8USD, this is a great steal - you get no-brainer application and pretty nails as well. Plus, all the polishes can be used alone as well. I'm probably going to try out the other colors as well, the gold and turquoise/mint ones look promising, but they have larger glitter as their last polish so that might be an entirely different ordeal entirely.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

19 comments:

Noire Roberts said...

Love them!!

Dawnelia said...

I love this grape colour! Just looking at it makes me want a can of grape fanta right now :3

http://blog.dawnelia.com

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

wee its so cute <3 i will re-try nga to do this hehe, did u join etude match contest? ^_^

~aiMee/aMz, http://amz88.blogspot.com/

Daydreaming Teacup said...

I like how it turns out! It's not all that costly either, which is good. Thanks for sharing!

wan winkle said...

this is so cuuute ❤, i love the liliac shade

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? I didn't like it at first but now it's starting to grow on me :P

Ada Agupitan said...

No problem :P A lot of Etude's stuff is pretty cheap :3 And for 3 polishes, this is a steal :D

Ada Agupitan said...

:o anong contest 'to? Yung alam ko lang na contest nila ngayon is yung eyeliner contest :)) Gusto kong sumali sana hahaha

Ada Agupitan said...

Now that you mention it, it does look like grape soda, doesn't it? ahahaha Now you've got me craving grape fanta too >3<

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks~! :3

y u k u . said...

Great effect. *_*
Purple is really anything but my favorite color but this effect makes it appear quite pleasant for me. Wow!


... to answer your comment on my Haru Haru post:
I just didn't know TaeYang's WeddingDress too well and because Haru Haru was the first song/MV crossing my mind when I read that challenge it just was meant to be there when I'm doing the challenge... (;

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? Purple always makes my skin look yellow, but this is honestly starting to grow on me over time haha.


Haha, I guess it's just a matter of what mv comes up first in people's brains. But believe me, Haru Haru is definitely up there in my tops ;)

Caro said...

hehe i love something like that :3

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

un nail and makeup match contest ba un kaso tapos na yata, nasa Etude fb page sis :)

AtomicNony said...

your nails turned out so beautiful ♥

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Aw, thanks :) :D

rhea said...

ahhh so cute nail art!!
would you like to follow each others blog with mine? :D i love your blog


rheapunya.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Sure, I'll go check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...