Winter Ballerina Pt 2 - OOTD

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hey Guys! Yesterday I showed you a sneak peek of the outfit that came with my Winter Ballerina FOTD. Today I bring you my Winter Ballerina OOTD.

Ada Agupitan Outfit of the Day Winter Ballerina

LOL I am so not used to wearing things like this. But heck, we survived the end of the world. I think it's time to live a little. Surprisingly, most of these clothes I found buried in my closet from disuse :P Yay for reinventing your wardrobe!

The shawl or outer piece or whatever you call it is something my mother bought for me four years ago on our trip to L.A. at a T.J. Maxx. No shame in admitting that I shopped at a T.J. Maxx. Half the clothes there are better than what I own here in the Philippines anyway, and at half the price LOL. I remember not really using it that much because it was Large when as you can probably tell, I am an extra small. But for this look it doesn't look oversized, it just looks cozy and cute haha.

Ada Agupitan Outfit of the Day Winter Ballerina

The frilly top is another piece I rarely wear from Promod. I could never really pair it right with anything. That is until I got this skirt. Funny story - this skirt was actually for one of my underclassmen at college. She was our muse for a sporting event and needed something poofy to wear under the skirt we made her, so I went scouring Greenhills for it. This was one of the two I found which were supposed to be layered, but she ended up just using one. This skirt is finally being put to good use again today haha.

And by far my favorite part of this OOTD - the shoes. These are the same shoes I wore to my Senior Prom haha. When you buy things for events like prom you usually think they're a one-use type of thing. Apparently not. These shoes are semi-heel-less have these cute sparkly stones on them. The heels are works of art in themselves with shiny embosses and the straps just add to the cute dainty feel, don't you think?

Ada Agupitan Outfit of the Day Winter Ballerina

One thing I really love about this look is how versatile it is. The first few pictures show you how you can wear it when it's a little warm out (which it is here in the Philippines. Damn you tropical climate!) and on the other hand it also makes itself pretty cozy and wrapped up if needed as you see above. So you go from sexy in one picture to cute, shy and innocent in another haha.


I'd also like to give a special mention, once again, to the hair. I've really become quite fond of the sock bun lately and here it is yet again. This time I did it a little off-center so as to lessen the formal and make it look more doable for casual occasions. The flower clips I used are from Forever21 and really give this look a feminine feel.

So how'd you guys like it? Ready to rummage through some of your old clothes and reinvent your wardrobe? Remember, even your oldest pieces can become part of a pretty new outfit. Why not share some of your closet rummaging experiences as well? Feel free to tell me in the comments if you've had any experience reusing some old clothing like me haha.

Speaking of bringing life to old things, the next few posts will be a Year-End Review just to recap the past six months that this blog has become active. I hope then you'll be looking forward to it just as much as I am. So join me in that little bout of nostalgia, mmkay?

For now enjoy the rest of the season as well as the rest of the year~ All up until new years, okay? Thanks for everything!

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

33 comments:

BD said...

You look beautiful :)

Co said...

great look girl! http://drownedinfashiondreams.blogspot.com/

y u k u . said...

It looks so frilly and beautiful. Really. ♥

ZyWorld said...

cute n beautiful.. ur shoes are really unique <3

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks~ They're my favorite part of this outfit as well :3

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Yuku!

Ada Agupitan said...

hahaha thanks BD :3

whimsicalityindisguise said...

cute outfit!!! and great post~! ^^ looking forward to your upcoming ones~!

xoxo,
www.whimsicalityindisguise.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww thanks! Really appreciate you dropping by~ I'll give your blog a visit as well :3 Thanks for commenting~!

Jing-Jing said...

This outfit is so sweet! I love the skirt!
And there's absolutely no problem in shopping at T.K. Maxx! I do it too ;D
The other week I bought a pair of shoes by Tommy Hilfiger from them; they are my new love <3

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right~ Haha my friends gave me so much flak about it, but really, it's an awesome place to shop and you might just chance upon some pretty awesome branded/designer clothes haha.


Wasn't able to make the most out of the shoes they had last I went though so you can tell I'm sorta jelly of your find haha. Nothing fit me then D: It's always the size 6's that go first rawr. Owell. Thanks for dropping by~

Queenie said...

I am so ready to go through my closet to find things that could be 'reinvented' :D I've never reused any old clothing before because it's usually clothing from my pre-adolescent age with butterflies and sparkles and peace signs. But I'll try again sometime soon! Thanks for the inspiration :)
Also, I am looking forward to your year end review! I like reading those sorts of things because I can be like, "oh I remember reading that post like it was yesterday!"

Ada Agupitan said...

I think part of why i can reuse so much of my wardrobe is because when I used to wear them, they were always two sizes too big for me plus the style was a little older than I was. I hadn't realized how much older I dressed when I was a kid until I looked through my childhood wardrobe and found I could wear half of it now better than I could when I was younger LOL. My mom has a knack for buying things I can reuse later on. She's a fashion-psychic that way haha.


Thanks for commenting as usual~ Hopefully the year end review posts will bring up some rather funny/interesting posts from the past :)

Queenie said...

No need to thank me every time! I should be thanking you for sharing and posting and providing a great read :) I enjoy reading your posts a lot! and now I have a kind of 'deal' between my mom that we share our clothes because she likes some of my clothes and I like some of hers HAHA. When I look back at my wardrobe.. oh my. Too much glitter, sequins, and butterflies. @_@

Ada Agupitan said...

Sorry :P I have a habbit of thanking people a lot LOL. I'm actually sincerely grateful for every reader and comment I get because feedback encourages me to write more :)


My mom lets me inherit all of what she calls her "maiden" clothes LOL. We can't share clothes now because we're sizes apart in terms of clothes and shoes, but I get all her pretty vintage clothes so yay haha.


LOL I have a lot of sequined clothes too. I cut them up in secret and just gathered the beads and sequins for art projects LOL.

Amandaaa said...

omgg superr adorable OOTD! i love shopping at t.j maxx!!! :D
riceysupreme.blgospot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

haha it's like a treasure trove for people with not exactly a fortune to spend :P

elisatot.kv said...

such a dainty look,
very lovely.
:)

---

brushesandpens

Armel Madsen said...

cute and sexy at the same time. i love the playfulness to it. i just think it looks much better without the cardi, though.

and oh yes, the hair! awesome!

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

wan winkle said...

MY GOD ! honestly.... like HONESTLY!!! this is beyond awesomeness ...

i'm dropping my heart here :

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww shucks, you're making me blush haha. thanks Wanny!

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah, without the cardi I might actually wear this out haha. The cardi just plays up the cute factor IMO, which is pretty popular in Japan so I thought I'd try it out :3 Thanks for dropping by again!

Ada Agupitan said...

thanks! :)

eyahnism said...

I love this! its so simple and cute :))) I love the top :)) Apir!

Sílvia Ávila said...

You look like a real ballerina, so sweet :)

Erica M. Baylosis said...

so pretty :) very gorgeous of you ate ada :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! Hahaha. There were people watching while I was on this shoot and I thought I looked weird but I'm glad to know I pulled it off well :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Erica! Ahaha napapa-blush mo naman ako :P

Erica M. Baylosis said...

ngsasabi lang po ng totoo :)

sherry ann gole cruz said...

you're so beautiful ..

Rissa Noma said...

Lovely! I love your skirt dear! Btw, do you cut your own bangs?

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Sherry Ann :3 Though it's probably just the lighting and the clothes :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Hi Rissa! The skirt I got from Greenhills (hehehe). And yes, I do.


But I have my hair volume rebonded at a Korean salon from time to time so when my roots grow out past manageable lengths I have my hairstylists neaten them up from time to time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...