New Layout and Resthouse Room Tour

Friday, June 22, 2012

Hey guys! Like my semi-new layout? I kept some aspects of my blog, but wanted to streamline it a little so this was the result! Tell me what you guys think haha.

Onto the next topic of business. So I wasn't exactly able to do this post earlier on when I was actually on vacation, but I had snapped a few shots for an official room tour of my room in our rest house at Anvaya Cove. You guys might have seen a glimpse of it at my earlier art post a few weeks back. But I really wasn't able to take you guys on an in-depth tour because at that time I didn't have my wide-angle lens and the scope of the room was too narrow to capture.


This post really isn't mean to boast or anything. It's just that I find that this room is one of the few achievements in my life because I actually had a direct hand in the interior design, and setup of my room, whereas my everyday room (as you may have seen as the background in a lot of my photos here on my blog) is more of a hand me down, and all of the furniture was chosen by my mother for practicality. That doesn't really scream 'fun and original'.

So anyway, this is the part of my room you've already seen. (Some things have changed since the taking of the picture, like my center pillow cover haha)

Burgundy Red bed room wall design and bed

But what you guys haven't seen is the rest of the room.

Burgundy Red and Black bedroom with carpet and couch

This is basically what you see when you first walk into the room. The floorboards are so shiny! *_* I tried talking my mom into letting me get a carpeted floor, but we both agreed that it would be far too much maintenance and effort to clean, so we met up halfway with a nice large rug.

I think one of the things I love about this room is all the windows. I have a good view of the forestry and the cove because our house is by the cliffside of the resort-subdivision. Sometimes we even get some pretty migratory birds by the trees outside our house (although they're quite annoying when I try to sleep through the mornings haha).

The paintings were originally supposed to be suspended, but I thought they looked better leaning against the wall so meh :P

So yeah, it doesn't look like much from that angle. I still have a footer-like bookshelf pending in the shop to place between my glass desk and the air filter/dehumidifier. And I was hoping for a full-length mirror where the dehumidifier is at the moment, but the one I ordered was claimed by my mother for the family common room so I'll have to wait for another one to be made D:

Burgundy Red and black bedroom interior design
Bam! Color.

So this is sort of the wide-angle view of the first picture and now you can see my wonderful door and wall-clock, which I love to bits. As you can see, my center pillow now matches my covers (yay!) and my fuzzy frog slippers are resting comfortably by the door. The green sets a nice contrast to the red of the room if I may say so myself. Plus my feet get cold easily so they're always handy to have around to keep my feet snug and warm.

Don't they look so cute and happy?

So this basically the chill-space of my room, the highlight of witch being the lounging area with my nice black couch and retro coffee-table. The entire setup was sort of a steal because we bought them from Wilcon as opposed to furniture stores in the malls and department stores. And since we bought in bulk, we got a huge discount.

Burgundy Red and Black Bedroom interior design


The lamp, if you recognize it, is the one from Goong in the episode where Chaegyung and Shin share a room at a resort and Chaegyung puts lipstick on his face and ties up his hair in pigtails when he naps (yes, I'm that much of a drama nerd). It's actually a very easy lamp to find since it's mass-produced in China. It looks all fancy and expensive, but it's pretty cheap and was a pain to put together. I put the entire lamp together from five heavy pieces, plus did the electrical wiring myself. Can you believe that the wires weren't even threaded through the steel? I had to basically push the wires in through that long bendy portion (which was three parts until screwed into one) all by myself and basically connect it to the bulb manually! What a pain! But it was worth it for prettiness haha.


My study desk is also pretty cool. It's meant for a desktop computer (which I am saving up for), but right now I use it for sketching, and when I'm feeling productive, I use my laptop on the desk instead of on the coffee table like it is now. The chair is actually a bar stool set to the lowest height. It actually goes up much higher, but that wouldn't exactly be convenient for sitting in haha.

Burgundy Red and Black bedroom interior design

From this angle you can see where the door exits to the family common room as well as my walk-in closet. I didn't really take pictures inside because it's pretty messy, but take my word for it, it's larger than I need it to be. It's almost a fourth of the size of my room and it connects to my own personal bathroom/shower. Didn't take pictures of those because that seemed too personal haha.

My coffee table was then set up for a personal drama binge where I rewatched a few Kdramas and Jdramas on my free time. I end up sitting on the carpet instead of the sofa because I like the feel of the thread on my feet and legs haha.

When our guests come visit our rest house, they always end up taking pictures in my room or exploring my room the longest because of its design. You can't exactly see from this picture but even the ceiling matches the theme of the room with a nice dark-brown square wall-prop on top with both yellow and white lights to suit the ambiance.

Burgundy Red and Black Bedroom Paintings and Carpet

Even when our guests from Japan came they said my room had a very Nippon ppoi or Japanese Feeling to it. That wasn't exactly what I was going for, but I guess the paintings and the color scheme made it seem that way.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my room. Hopefully some of you can draw some inspiration from it or something. Everything in the room, it's style, the paint used, the furniture, covers, carpet, etc was chosen by me. Haha. Feel free to make a your post of your room and make sure to tell me about it if you have! I'd love to see what all your rooms look like. What's your favorite part of your room, or what did you enjoy most about this post? Feel free to leave a comment below :P



Ada, signing out. xoxo
Get Quality Website Philippines

5 comments:

Miki Chelle said...

aaaaah~ really, I love your room :3

Jobs 141 said...

O_O Your room is quite big! That's at least three times the size of my room back home!

Ada Agupitan said...

thanks! If you ever come to the Philippines I'll give you a tour ahahaha.

Ada Agupitan said...

It's my resthouse room in Bataan. My room in Manila is only half this size, crowded and ugleh. haha. If it's any consolation, my room there doesn't have internet. automatic -100 pts off the awesome room scale.

Miki Chelle said...

yay! I got a guide tour for Philippines!! :3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...