Liebster Blog Award

Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Third one this month. Sorry if you guys are getting tired of these posts :P Don't think of it as an award, as it is more of a tagmeme than anything. Think of it as a way to get to know me better, as well as a way to discover and network blogs together, eh?

This time, I've been nominated by the lovely 

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. Remember no tag backs!

This is a lot more taxing than the other awards, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to tag 11 people, so go ahead and TAG YOURSELVES if you want to do this award AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW so I can add your LINK to the list :)

And here we go.

Eleven facts about Ada:
1. I have not had a major haircut (only trims) in five years. Thus, my hair almost reaches my tailbone :3
2. I enjoy long games of Monopoly Deal
3. I have watched over 200 Anime, 120 Jdramas and 50 Kdramas collectively.
4. I draw as a hobby.
5. I have a habit of slapping the back of my head when stressed.
6. I once did a backflip off a restaurant chair when I was seven, landing face first on the ground. I got up, glanced around and sat back in my seat and acted like nothing happened.
7. I am an impulsive buyer.
8. I am the shortest in my family at 5 feet and 3/4 of an inch.
9. Sometimes my right eye will tear up for no reason.
10. I am unable to sleep in class - no matter how boring the lesson and no matter how much I want to.
11. I can do impersonations of Stitch, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff.

11 Questions from Kumi:
1. Why did you start a blog.
This is quite similar to the question from the last tag I did so I shall copy-paste and save myself the time haha.

I've kept a written journal ever since I was in first grade and I've been blogging since 2004 and it mostly started from my time on Neopets admittedly. Someone from there recommended I make aSheezyart and for a time, the journal on that art site was the one I updated regularly. And then in my third year of high school in 2008, as a computer science project, we were assigned to layout, code and maintain a blog for the entire year, and thus this blog was created. I've mostly kept my entries from that time of my life and you'll notice my interests, tendencies and what I blog about have changed vastly since then.

I decided to restart this blog over the summer of my third year in college (this year) because I was inspired by the escapades of a few Singaporean bloggers:  XiaxueQiu Qiu ans Sophie Wilocq. I really enjoy writing and blogging and I'm not going to lie, I LOVE ATTENTION. So yeah. Here I am haha.

2. What are you most proud of (about yourself)?
This is a hard question. I think it's a given that I'm pretty secure with my skills minus the social insecurities that accompany being a perfectionist, but I think what I can be most proud of is the fact that I'm a multi-faceted person. I think even just my introduction and the variety of my posts pays testimony to that fact. In principle, I happen to have a lot of hobbies, a lot of which are useful in life in one way or another, and while I can't say I'm exceptional at just one thing, I can say I'm pretty decent in a lot of things.

Art, beautry, fashion, writing, music, science, languages, and fangirling are just a few of my many interests. You can see why I'm proud that I'm able to maintain them all.


3. What are you not so proud of (about yourself)?
I think I have the tendency to be oblivious and slow about a lot of things - be it whether I'm being taken advantage of or if I've hurt somebody's feelings. I'm just slow when it comes to those types of things and thus my sometimes social awkwardness. I think one of the first things I tell people when they meet me and start to get close to me is for them to be honest and straightforward with me. I'm not someone who can read between the lines easily, and when I do try to read between the lines, I end up over analyzing and psyching myself out. Social anxiety sort of sucks.

4. What is the latest product you bought (groceries don't count).
I think the most recent product (I'm assuming Kumi's implying a beauty product) was Daiso's Charcoal Face Peel Mask. I'll be doing a review of that soon, so stay tuned :)

5. Was it necessary to buy it?
Not really. I was honestly just curious, and it didn't cost much, Just 85PHP actually (a little less than 2USD), so I didn't really mind spending the money to appease my curiosity and at the same time have something to review and possibly - give away? Le gasp~ I have said something I shouldn't have.

6. Do you have a poupee?
No, unfortunately, I don't. I do have a TinerMe and Meez though. Come find me haha.

7. What is your obsession?
Right now, at this very moment, it would have to be Hey! Say! Jump, a Japanese boyband. I'm still hungover from my HK Trip and their concert and I've been on a Japanese Magazine binge ever since, trying to get even a glimpse of them once more haha. I'm especially looking forward to Chinen Yuuri's upcoming drama, Sprout :) Am I the only one?

8. What is your favorite book/ tv show/ game/ anime?
Book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
TV Show: Scrubs
Game : Pokemon (all the games) / Harvest Moon (all the games) / Civilization (all the games)
Anime: Cooking Master Boy (don't judge me!)

9. How do you want to name your kid/pet?
Let's go with kid first. I actually promised my best friend in high school that I'd name my first born son after him, so for a boy it'd have to be Benjamin. There was a time in my life that I'd wanted to name my boy Lucas Benjamin Sterling Okamoto. I think I'm past that now, especially considering that's a mouthful and I don't want my son to have difficulty writing his name on test papers.

For a girl I'd want to name her something starting with a letter 'A' or a letter 'K'. Something unique and identifiable - I've played with the name Adaleigh and Aliniese a lot, so I wouldn't mind my daughter being called that. Sometimes I'd joke that if I had triplet girls I'd name them all Victoria and one would be Vicki, the other Tori, and the last Ria. haha

As for pets, I've had so many. I think I mentioned awhile back that my house used to be like a zoo. But one of my dogs really stands out. He was a pure white mixed-breed with long golden-retriever like hair and features, pale grey eyes and a bright pink nose. We named him Rudolph. RIP.

10. Do you like apples?
The fruit? Yes. The computer? Meh. On a side note, my penname on Fanfiction.net is AnotherDarnApple. Haha.

11. If I gave you one wish, what would you wish for?
I actually have a wish that I recite 10 times before I go to bed, but somehow, telling you guys might take the magic out of it, so I'll go with something generic - WORLD PEACE <3.


My 11 questions for the ones who do this tag:
1) What were your resolutions this year?
2) Have you stuck with them 'til now?
3) What type of music do you listen to?
4) What are you most looking forward to right now?
5) What parts of the world have you traveled to/would like to travel to?
6) Name one person who has been a big inspiration to you as of lately. You may expound.
7) Where do you see yourself in 5 years, assuming the world does not end in 2012.
8) Are you a hipster? If you are, how hipster are you?
9) If you were a Pokemon, what Pokemon would you be and why?
10) Name one thing you would like to do/complete before you die.
11) If you had a million dollars (USD) what would you do with it? Feel free to have fun with this questions, don't be bound by morality or the world's problems. This is all about YOU.

Like I said earlier, TAG YOURSELVES if you want to do this award AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW so I can add your LINK to the list :)


But here are a few people I would like to see answer my questions:
Chelle
Wanny
aiMee
KeiKei

Don't forget to leave a comment below if you did the tag so I can link to you blog!
Get Quality Website Philippines

11 comments:

aiMee Bunbun said...

thanks for taggine me ;) i like answering questions like these hehe :P

Panda said...

Gonna do this after I'm home =3

wan winkle said...

thank you very much for this nice award ❤
i always always always wanted long hair... i envy you

changelz said...

hi, thx for followed me..
i just followed you too.. :)

Ada Agupitan said...

You should try growing it out! I've had long hair all my life except for three years in high school when I went on a whim and cut it all. Let's just say it wasn't a very flattering look. I've been growing it ever since :3 Takes a lot of effort though. Pretty much need to treat my hair ends every other day haha.

Ada Agupitan said...

Lol di naman lesbo :P Personally I like girls with pixie cuts, but those don't suit me eh. Owell. Thanks for doing the tag!

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

200 ANIMES? That's intense! Also, I love your story about how you did the back flip in a restaurant. That sounds so funny. ^^

I also can never sleep in my classes, even when I really want to. For one thing, my friend, Shayan, keeps on kicking the back of my chair in Chemistry class. Also, my friends would probably slap me awake. XD

Ada Agupitan said...

Hahaha yeah, I used to be such an anime nerd :P


So glad to see I'm not the only one with the sleeping in class problem :)

Sandra Lau said...

Wow, 200 animes, that is so much! I also want to watch that many, but I always postpone, postpone and postpone. Thank you btw for making this post, despite that you have already been tagged before! Next time if I double tag you, feel free to not write about it (if you wish ^-^) . And I like (girl) names which start woth A or K too <333 The letter 'A' sounds so girly to me (lol?). xxxx

Sandra Lau said...

Forgot to add, I'm kumicake btw :3

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks for commenting Kumi! The 200 animes I watched were from the duration of 1995-2006 and then a few select staggered animes in the recent years :P Recently though, I've been just like you. I have postpone, postpone, postpone cuz I'm so busy D:


Thanks for commenting! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...