Back to School Shopping

Tuesday, June 05, 2012


So I went for a meetup for a sales meetup at SM City North EDSA today and ended up having lunch at Bubble Tea: Tokyo Milk Tea Place. Really good food :P I ended up ordering some teriyaki unagi (unagi is my favorite), but I was too hungry to remember to take a picture of it before actually digging in. Ohwell.

Because SM North isn't really my place, and more often than not I find it really crowded, even in the vicinity of The Block, we ended up at Eastwood Mall (I know, wtf drive from SM North to Eastwood, but owell). When we got there they were gearing up for a huge SALE. Well obviously, we have the worst timing because we ended up going there a week before the actual sale which is scheduled for June 15-17. Haha, so what else could I do but to camwhore by the huge advert blocks they set up for marketing it?

I should be getting paid for this ahaha.

We ended up walking around the mall for a bit before settling on watching a movie to pass the time. The movie? Surprisingly, we went to see Snow White and the Huntsman. I'm doing a review on that later because the movie was just a bit too hilarious to pass up, although I'm sure that wasn't their intention.

So while I didn't actually have the liberty to go all out buying things, I did stumble upon a few finds that were worth a look. I bought some cute Hello Kitty notebooks for my classes with the help of a friend and his awesome National Bookstore gift cards ahaha. They were so cute @_@ (the notebooks not the gift cards ahaha) but were pretty expensive at the same time. Bah, screw it. I've had a recent obsession over Hello Kitty for some reason.



Bah, they're adorable. You know what's better? They're double-covered. Meaning they're actually two notebooks in one. 120 leaves per section.





In the spirit of my newly rekindled obsession I found some cute Hello Kitty glasses (the ones I've been scouring the web for) at a reasonable price and ended up buying them over at Peanutbutter&Jeri at Eastwood City walk. They have grooves in them for lenses, so I plan on having my actual graded lenses placed in them by my optometrist on my next visit :P


It's Hello Kitty madness.

I also got me a pair of earrings but I forgot to take a picture of those. Or did I? Haha.

In adittion to those  I bought a new batch of my favorite BB Cream, from TheFACEshop. I've been using the stuff (just the 20mL bottle) for a year and a half. It's lasted me that long because it's just so easy to blend and a little goes a long way. Plus it's super duper lightweight, at the cost of coverage, but I don't need coverage anyway. #naturallybeautifulskin I can honestly say it's helped my complexion loads. I actually just got a new bottle (the 40mL one this time) because my bottle exploded on me in my check-in luggage during my trip to HK. :(


While I was at it, I went and tried out a new concealer from Etude House, their Surprise Essence Concealer. I was suprised because it actually matched my skin tone. Korean products rarely match my skin tone since I'm not exactly the fairest person out there. I got it because it was cheap and my go-to concealer is running out. Coincidentally, the featured video on the Etude House website is a video on how to look good wearing glasses and the girl on the video is wearing the exact same glasses I bought earlier ahaha.

Personally, I think I rock glasses. I've been wearing them for a pretty long time now and I think I can pull them off quite well ;)

 
Ahaha I'm such a camwhore :P But the lighting was good. How could I resist? Ignore the fugly curtains.

I still have to somehow gather the courage to take vain pics/selcas out in public like other bloggers have at some point or another, so for now you're going to have to deal with the ugly setting that is my room which has not been redesigned since I was in elementary. x_x

Oh yeah! Remember when I said I forgot to take a picture of the earrings? Well here they are. Haha. I'm only wearing one of them on my left ear lol. I am such a rebel.

 
I think my profile looks pretty, no? 

The pictures make it look like I'm wearing some kind of bubblegum pink lipstick or something, but surprisingly that's my natural lip color in the bright lighting. I didn't edit or anything. I think my desk lamp makes me a lot prettier than I actually am ahahaha. I especially like that in the second pic, my eyelashes look pretty long ahaha. Lighting does wonders. :P

Well that's it. I think this post has turned into more of a vanity post than a back to school haul. Haha. I'm sorry for that.

I'll be posting my review on Snow White and the Huntsman in a while. I know it's late, but I assure you it'll be worth the read considering my unique take on the movie. Watch out for it :P

Signing out!

xoxo Ada
Get Quality Website Philippines

12 comments:

Panda said...

LOVE THE HELLO KITTY NOTES!!! and that glasses too!!!!! >w<
I have a similar Hello Kitty note here, but not as cute as yours! :3

hi, to be honest I'm here from your LJ but I found your blog is interesting, hope you don't mind me following you^^;

and anyway, because of reading your latest post now I decided to watch the Snow White :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! Of course I wouldn't mind you following me haha. As you can see, I don't really have any followers so I'm glad you dropped by for a visit. I even went ahead and followed you back.

I see you're from Indonesia? I have some friends from there too.

 And you're a fangirl of HSJ and JE as well :P We'll get along quite well haha.

Mia Chelle said...

:D no problem, your blog is nice~
and thanks for following me back!! *hugs*

yeah :) oooh, cool!! I only have some friends from Philippine.. =__=
and anyway, I LOVE CHARICE!! she's O-some xD

hahahaha.. Yabu Kota is my number onee~ *in HSJ*
but my faves in JE are mostly juniors, or dai-senpai group like v6 and smap hahaha

hai, yoroshiku :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha. I've been a fan of JE since 2004 so I know what you mean about being a fan of dai-senpai groups :P I like T&T myself and have some old Hikaru Genji CDs lying around ahaha :P And I keep track of the Juniors until now as well :) 

I hear a lot of Indonesians like Charice and Christian Bautista :P A lot of them are also fans of our soccer team for some reason haha

どうぞ宜しく!! ^_^

Miki Chelle said...

yeah, IKR xD I've been a fan of v6 since 2009 (pretty late, huh) and then completely captivated by Ya-Ya-yah, and since then I love YabuHika (as duo, not pairings lol)
and also since then I keep myself on track with those juniors I like (read: the ex-hip hop jump, the ex-Taiga lines up, chibiko tachi like Takahashi Fuu-Kishi Yuuta-and the gank haha)
yessh~ we love them~ their voice are amazing :O and their songs are very easy listening~
but the thing amazed me is on how the people are really open and nice :3 not to mention their kanpeki eigo that add plus points for them ;D
I don't know about the soccer team thingy tho hahaha

Ada Agupitan said...

Lol I remember when Taiga, Anderson and Shintaro were still a thing. So you watch Johnny's Jr. Land as well? or just Shounen Club?

Miki Chelle said...

yeah, I still remember their "I hope we can be friends forever" thing xD yepp, I watched Jr. Land as well.. but only until the first season boys were all still there... I kind of feel weird when I watch Jr. Land with the new members, so I stopped hahaha
Did you watch Ya-Ya-yah show?

Ada Agupitan said...

Yehp. I have all the episodes from Kami-chan haha.

Miki Chelle said...

ahahahaha.. mine too xDD
but I also get almost half of my collection from chinese sites like soku and 115 :p
my fave is Onigokko episodes, and also the Flour Diving Contest xDDD
and ah!! comedy contest too xDD <3

Ada Agupitan said...

Haha. I also really liked the Onigokko episodes. Even their last one where Shoon was so happy and animated that he even did a backflip D:

Some of the episodes I remember most are the haunted house episodes and the practical jokes they played on Tegoshi, Taiyo and Koyama. I felt so sorry for them >_<

Not to mention the summer special episodes. Those were awesome too. And the TICKLE BATSU-GAMES were so fun ahaha..

Memories <3

Miki Chelle said...

yess, Onigokko are epic xD
Oooh, the one where Taiyo cried afterward!! xDD the Pranks On episodes are fun too!! but I do feel sorry for Taiyo everytime I re-watch that episode *sigh*
TICKLE BATSU-GAME!!! how can I forgot that! xDD
yeah~ I really like Ya-Ya-yah show (and the Ya-Ya-yah too LOL), and I hope there'll be some shows similar to it haha

Turtle Cake said...

I'm a big fan of HELLO KITTY
Oh my goood ! I love your books note !!!
Thank you for following <3
I'm following you too !

http://littleturtlethings.blogspot.fr/
Turtle <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...