Sponsored Review: GEO GRANG GRANG Choco Contact Lenses from MapleLens.com

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Whoo! It feels like ages since I've posted! Well. It actually has been haha.

First off I guess I'd like to thank everybody for supporting me in my endeavor as one of the finalists for Etude House's Pink Artiste 2013! I bagged second and I totally couldn't do it without you!

I was supposed to post a recap of the events plus the ridiculously large haul that came with the prize but I haven't been able to properly consolidate all the pictures or have time to unbag the massiveness of the haul that awaits. But rest assured I'll try to make a post (no matter how late it is) as soon as I possibly can.

This post, will actually be a sponsored review which was delayed because of a mishap in the mail. Customs is really tough here in the Philippines, and a little mishap with the addressing made it a little bit difficult to claim my package, but Alex from MapleLens.com was amazing enough to help me claim my package. Talk about great customer service all the way from Malaysia :) Say hello to these lovely babies!

Contact Lenses from MapleLen.com Review

Yehp! Not one, but two lovely pairs of lenses from the wonderful people at MapleLens.com. They were kind enough to let me choose a pair and send another of their choice for me to review, along with some totes cute lens cases to go with them!

Contact Lenses from MapleLen.com Review

The packaging is phenomenal and everything's packaged safely in bubble wrap. Need I mention how utterly thrilled I am to have some new additions to my growing cute lens case collection?

Contact Lens Case

Both of the lenses they sent me are from GEO and have an authentication code that comes with them. Pretty nifty and legit! They (thankfully) came graded in -1.25 for both my eyes so these are definitely some of my more used lenses :)

GEO Grang Grang Choco HC-246 and GEO Angel Grey CM-835 from MapleLens.com

Today I'll be reviewing the pair of GEO GRANG GRANG CHOCO lenses that they sent me.

GEO Grang Grang Choco HC-246 Circle Big Eye Contact Lens from MapleLens.com Review

Enlargement
Aren't they totally gorgeous? At 14.2 mm they're not overly huge and look rather natural around my dark brown eyes. They're almost an exact match for them with a nice light brown as a second accent tone. And despite being 14.2 mm these give a decent amount of dolly enlargement without needing over-the-top eye makeup. Check out how big these babies can make your eyes look with the picture below!

GEO Grang Grang Choco HC-246 Circle Big Eye Contact Lens from MapleLens.com Review

Color and Design
I almost wish I had gotten the lighter brown variant of these lenses, but then I revert to how natural the dark brown of this design looks on my eyes. The crystal effect it has makes your eyes look  キラ☆キラ (kira-kira) and sparkling. Almost like anime brought to life. Excuse my sudden use of Japanese onomatopoeia - I've been brushing up on my functional Japanese haha.

GEO Grang Grang Choco HC-246 Circle Big Eye Contact Lens from MapleLens.com Review

It might look a little dull, but honestly, this design is right up my alley, and I can wear it with just my usual amount of eyeliner and mascara!

Comfort
These lenses are SUPER comfy. I wore them to a 12 hour convention (I usually don't recommend wearing cosmetic lenses for that long a time) and they didn't dry out at all! I was even quite surprised that I hadn't experienced any blurring of vision or dryness in my eyes. Plus the fact that I got them graded did wonders for my usually poor vision.

Overall Verdict
I am totally in love with these lenses and I've been using them quite often during weekends to spice up my look! They're the perfect natural dark brown appropriate for Asian wear without looking too conspicuous. They're perfect for both the sophisticated classy look as well as that cute youthful dolly look.

GEO Grang Grang Choco HC-246 Circle Big Eye Contact Lens from MapleLens.com Review

What do you guys think?

You can find these lenses over at MapleLens.com so go ahead and check them out!

I'll be back with a post on the other pair of lenses I received soon! As well as a recap post of my Etude Haul and Experience! Not to mention a long awaited giveaway. So keep watch for that!

Ada, signing out!
Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

44 comments:

Bis Iris said...

I think these lenses are beautiful ^^ It really looks like your eyes are sparkling!
Iris www.miss-harajuku.blogspot.com

Nhi Nguyen said...

Omggg these looks super pretty♥ and congrats Ada! I wish to see your haul soon!

Sapphire said...

I love the fact they look natural but also stand out! Looking forward to your haul ^ u ^

♥ Little Owl Diary

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Sapphire! I'll see if I can get it in by this week hehe :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Nhi! Whoo! Pressure's on for me! At least I have some motivation from my readers like you!

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right! I thought that since they were so dark they'd just blend into my natural color and look like nothing, but they gave my eyes a cute little sparkly look!

Junjun said...

Love how natural they look! :'D I've been wanting to get these for the longest time, but I always stop myself, because I need toric lenses. T^T
Can't wait to see your haul! :'D

Amandaaa said...

i've seen these lens here and there and think they are sooooo gorgeous! they look great on you!

Clarisse Litiatco said...

Love the color! Can't wait for the other lens :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Hahaha. I'm scrambling to get all the pictures done! I'll try to post everything soon. I think you can get this with astigmatism adjustment as well if I'm not mistaken. I actually need toric lenses as well haha.

Ada Agupitan said...

Awww thanks Amanda! BTW! I've just wrapped up some of the stuff I've replaced from my exchange HOHOHOHO. I'll be sending them within the week D: Sorry for the major delay D:

Ada Agupitan said...

Hahaha. So many reviews, so little time!

Amandaaa said...

no worries :]! hopefully you will receive your package soon :DD!

Rini Cesillia said...

the lens colour looks very natural in your eyes and i'm surprised that it's only 14.2 mm because they look quite big :O

Sabs Hernandez said...

Thos lens cases are just too cute!! Love it!

HUGS♥

Sabs -The Makeup Maven

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right! They make your eyes look larger without being too wide and without drowning too much of the white of your eye. I think it's because the limbal ring of this one matches my eye color quite well. :)

Junko・純子 said...

Those lenses are perfect, they look very good on you! Very natural but they make quite a difference~ (ミ´ω`ミ).

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

i do feel like its been ages! i was actually waiting for u to post :)) omoh halos sabay lang tayo! i just got 2 lenses today and delayed din post ko sa isa, No proper photos yet hehe. i have been a Hikikomori for 2 weeks according to my friend :P The choco looks so cute yet natural <3 Lavv it, XOXO

Ada Agupitan said...

They are, aren't they! They also have lens cases that look like macaroons! haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Yehp! I really love the design :) It's not too overpowering :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Oo nga! Ngayon lang uli ako naging free. Tadtad midterms. I feel bad for always delaying posts, pero di ko talaga kaya. TT_TT


You got new lenses rin? whooo haha. I always end up choosing boring lenses. So I always check your blog for info on the more exciting looking ones before trying them out LOL. Sana mas adventurous ako tulad mo D:

Sabs Hernandez said...

Oh no! You shouldn't tell me these things because I'm easily persuaded I might rush out to buy some! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing!

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

Ako din e di kaya talaga mg post, dami tasks huhu~ Ada chan its not boring, i have plenty brown lenses like that because they look natural on me :) Trying hard din ako s Lenses, pag pipili ako ng may design talaga, i browse literally for a whole day or few hours. Me? i wish i was a bit Girly like you :)) Sometimes i wonder how i would look like in floral and skirts but then im like OMG bagay kaya saken? parang hindi XD

Sie Cajilig said...

I really love that pair! I don't know why I keep forgetting to buy them when I go shopping for lenses! >.<

Gee Ryan Murder said...

Really lovely!! that pair of lenses are awesome, you look so soft, natural and really pretty^^
Greets~
Xo

Ada Agupitan said...

It's always caught my eye as well! I actually really want to try the light brown version now as well haha

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks :3 you're making me blush haha

Rissa Noma said...

Beautiful! I'm jealous. You don't seem to have any pores. you look lovely!

Ada Agupitan said...

I have pores :P They're just bumps instead of holes on my face though, so it's very easy to conceal with the proper primer and foundation :)

Gina May J. Mungcal said...

You have a really beautiful set of eyes Ada! I love wearing contact lens too and I find it more easy to use rather than my eye glasses haha kinda weird though. If only I could wear contact lens the whole time :(

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! I was always insecure about my eyes before, but being able to enhance them with makeup really gives them a different look.


I also prefer contacts to glasses it's just that sometimes I fall asleep and it's pretty dangerous to have your contacts on while you sleep x_x So I totally understand the feeling. Less hassle magpalit kung glasses lang :P

Gina May J. Mungcal said...

What I don't like contact lens... I have to drop an eye solution every time hahaha such a hassle!

Jaree Romero said...

Wow thanks for the review ^^

Ada Agupitan said...

No problem! Glad you enjoyed it <3

Erica M. Baylosis said...

oo nga po ano , lahat ng contact lense mo sponsored and giveaways din , hehe .. ilan n lahat contact lense mo ate ada ? :)

Ada Agupitan said...

I think I have 10-13 pairs already? Not entirely sure hahaha :)

rinnie said...

Darn the customs for imposing higher taxes on Geo lenses here ;A; I was supposed to get this but I don't have PayPal and asdfghjklkjhgfdd /crey. Its so pretty and natural and 14.2 lang ;AAA; People like me with small eyes suffer from the fact that most shops here sells lenses with sizes 14.5 and up, never the down ;AAA; Now I'm wondering which of the two variants in the Grang Grang series would look more natural? Very pretty in the first photo by the end of the post! :3

Erica M. Baylosis said...

ang dami hehe :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Totally agree. Less and less online shops are offering GEO lenses because of the tax, but EOS and other brands are still okay :) These GEO lenses were shipped from Malaysia, which I think doesn't have the same tax as here in the Philippines.


I really prefer small diamter lenses 13.5-14.2 to larger ones, so I can definitely relate! You should try Dull to Doll since they have a wide selection of smaller diamter lenses :)


For darker eyes, Choco would definitely look more natural. But Brown would also look natural, but still more noticeable :)


Glad you enjoyed this review~!

Sam Hamilton said...

Hi, we sell GEO contacts for 19.90 USD - we'll happily mark them as gift so you don't have to pay customs tax :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Oh -- that's the problem with our customs here in the Philippines. Even if it's labeled 'gift' we still have to pay tax :( The system is such a hassle.

itsmefati said...

wow that's a lot of contacts! Super love the colors and the pig case! haha :) you look like Divine Lee here ;)

Ada Agupitan said...

Glad you liked this review :3 and really? I do? ahaha. It's probably my hair and makeup :P

Cayumi Nagamura said...

Wow Nice post, your blog post is amazing !
I accidentally drop by your blog uninvited and found your interesting blog . The layout of your blog and information is wonderful.
I really enjoy browsing your blog.
Your blog post is mostly about Fashion and beauty stuff.
If you need additional beauty ideas that enhance your eyes, making them brilliantly bright and beautiful, you may want to check out
www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.
Enjoy and stay pretty :)
cayumi...
www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.
Enjoy and stay pretty :)
cayumi...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...