Star Trek Into darkness + Nyota Uhura/Zoe Saldana Inspired Makeup

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hey guys! It seems like it's just one good film after another this year. Following the wonderful Iron Man 3, yesterday I was given the wonderful opportunity to be at the Press Screening of the newest installment of the Star Trek Franchise: Star Strek: Into Darkness, after which it has quickly usurped the seat of Iron Man 3 as my favorite movie of the year.

Star Strek: Into Darkness Review John Harrison

Before I get into the details, may I just say that this movie totally surpassed my expectations what with my disappointment with the first film. The story line brings back some familiar characters - Captain Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto), Bones (Karl Urban), Sulu (John Cho), Uhura (Zoe Saldana), Chekov (Anton Yelchin), and my personal favorite, Scotty (Simon Pegg).

And along with a new movie comes a new threat to the Starship Enterprise in the form of a mysterious anarchist, John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch) whose real identity and intentions make up a large part of the conflict to come. I can't say the twists and turns in the plot were very surprising, being medium-core fan, but the execution and introduction of the plot elements was rather intricate in itself.

Star Strek: Into Darkness Review John Harrison

The film is action-packed and leaves you reeling after each scene, eager for the next. There were definitely a handful of nerd-gasm moments in the film, one such moment being the came of one Leonard Nimoy haha. I'll just leave it at that.

Decent plot, striking cinematography + score, witty dialogue and the all-star cast definitely played to the film's advantage.

Fortunately for me, the screening was in 3D IMAX, and let's just say it was breathtakingly beautiful and added to the overall atmosphere. That being said, while it's definitely worth it to watch in 3D IMAX, it's still just as good even if you see it 2D, if only for the wonderful action, awesome script and Kirk-Spock Bromance.

Star Strek: Into Darkness Review
 I'd probably pay to watch it again with my friends just to relive the adrenaline I felt seeing all my favorite characters in the awesomeness that is this film hahaha

A special shoutout to standout performances by John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. There a whole lot of quoatable quotes from these characters that I'm sure fans will be coining after this movie. One of my faves being : "Urrgh, sometimes I just want to rip his bangs off". Yehp, definitely a keeper. And there's definitely one one-word quote (it's more of a passionate exclamation rather) I'm sure will be filling the web-o-sphere, 4chan and tumblr later on, but for the sake of people who haven't called the obvious twist yet, I'll leave it to you to watch the movie and find out. And for all of those who still don't see what the fuss is about, you can check the trailer out here.






That being said, while I loved the movie to bits, I can't help but also admire the wonderful makeup Zoe Saldana dawned for her role as Nyota Uhura. So to pay homage to the movie, and keep this post relevant to my beauty blogging, I attempted to recreate the look she sported for the two Star Trek Movies.

Star Strek: Into Darkness Zoe Saldana Nyota Uhura inspired makeup

I think I did pretty well if you ask me haha. It's a rather severe look for everyday, but that's what's awesome about th 2230s. Looks like these are everyday looks for Starship crews. Jealous much haha. Zoe has some rather defined bone structure, which sadly I do not possess, so I tried faking it with some highlighting and contouring. I've honestly never seen anybody rock the winged cat eye liner so well and I had so much fun doing this.

Star Strek: Into Darkness Zoe Saldana Nyota Uhura inspired makeup
So what do you guys think? If loved the makeup and are are looking forward to the movie, don't forget to check it out in theaters near you on its release date (depending on mall schedules) on MAY 15/16!

Ada, signing out!
Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

12 comments:

Penelope said...

I actually really love the look on you, you look totally fierce haha

Dewie Aprillia said...

WOW! you looks amazing dear.. <3

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks haha :P I'm not used to pulling off these types of looks but it was very fun to do!

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks thanks! I'll try to do more of these posts soon :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks thanks! I'll try to do more of these posts soon :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks thanks! I'll try to do more of these posts soon :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks haha :P I'm not used to pulling off these types of looks but it was very fun to do!

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks haha :P I'm not used to pulling off these types of looks but it was very fun to do!

sherry ann gole cruz said...

wow,how i wish you could be my makeup mentor,you look great in this post

Ada Agupitan said...

I don't think I'm good enough to be a mentor, but I do have a few tips and tricks up my sleeve :P Glad you enjoyed this post~!

Erica M. Baylosis said...

hindi ko tlga magawa yang cat liner :( may post knb how to do this ate ada ? kaapg wala pa please gawa k nman heehe , gusto ko tlga matutunan yAn e :)

rhania escueta said...

I want to recreate this look in our upcoming makeup 101 workshop next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...