FOTD + OOTD = LOTD Casual Camo

Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm horrible with all this beauty blogger terminology. I don't even know if LOTD is a legit term. It reminds me  more of Land of the Dead than it does Look of the Day. *Shudder* what a horrid comparison. This post is an FOTD-OOTD combo so I guess it counts as a Look of the day? Hahaha, I'm hopeless.

Ada Agupitan FOTD Casual Camo
click to enlarge

Ohemgee it's GREEN. Lol. I heard that this year's color was emerald green. To be quite honest, I cringed internally when I heard the news. I'm not a huge fan of green, despite my site layout being partially green :P In an effort to get into the hype, I started wracking my brain as to what I could do to pull green off in a makeup look. And while this isn't exactly emerald green, I feel like it's a hundred times better. BUTT-KICKING CAMO GREEN FTW.

Like a lot of my colored looks, the eye makeup is pretty subtle. Unless I'm playing around in my room, I don't tend to go crazy with makeup. I made this very wearable because, well, I was wearing it out that day :P My outfit wasn't exactly camo to be precise. It was more of a dull grey-olive military green so I thought why not try to incorporate it in my makeup? The result wasn't too bad.

There really isn't much out of the ordinary in this makeup look, just the pop of color from the green eyeshadow I used in my VS Palette. Other than that, it's almost exactly like my Everyday Peach FOTD. Surprisingly the color stands out a lot more IRL than it comes out on camera.

To make the colors stand out more IRL, I weant with a super nude lip by dabbing just a tiny bit of my Lip and Cheek Tint from The Body Shop and then subsequently concealing it with some liquid concealer. A secret step I like doing is applying a thin thin thin layer of petroleum jelly and dusting some of my  E.L.F. Peachy Keen blush on so the result is matte with a peach tint and the color from the lip tint popping out just a little bit. This way I have a subtle nude lip without making my lips look too dull.

Because this technique is quite drying, I made sure to moisturize my lips with some chapstick before applying all the product. I wouldn't recommend this technique for people with dry lips, you might just end up looking like you have gunk on your lips x_x When done correctly with practice though, the result looks a lot better.

Ada Agupitan FOTD Casual Camo

If you'll notice in the above picture, my face is a few shades lighter than my neck. I tried to hide it with some matte bronzer, but all the blame goes to Lioele's Beyond the Solution BB Cream. Let's just say I tried it out, was disappointed with it, but didn't have enough time to remove it. So I tried my best to make do hahaha. I hope it isn't too obvious.

My actual outfit, however, has little to do with camo other than its color scheme :P Nothing I'm wearing is above 500 php (12USD), unless you count my shoes, but I wear them so often I'm sure their net value has dwindled down to a tiny little sum. LOL. Despite the cheapness of my outfit, I got a lot of compliments on it. BUDGET SHOPPING FTW!
Ada Agupitan FOTD OOTD Casual Camo
Despite popular opinion, I think my pigtails look cute in this outfit. Who says pigtails have to be juvenile, eh?

Anyway, that's it for another FOTD and OOTD. What did you guys think? Are you all for emerald green this year? Or are you as averse to it as I am?

Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

15 comments:

BD said...

Pretty :D

Amandaaa said...

SUPER PRETTTYYY LOOK! :D psht, i say rock pigtails whenever, however haha! i think emerald green is an ok color! i just don't think i'd wear it on my face.. haha
riceysupreme.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

hahaha i know right? green on yellow toned skin looks rather awful unless you use more neutral tones. I never do tend to follow trends anyway hahaha.

Ada Agupitan said...

Aww, thanks Junjun!

wan winkle said...

omg!!!! that outfit ❤ and once again :SO PRETTY !!!!(^___^)

eyahnism said...

I love the outfit.. Honeslty I do have a lot of eyeshadow (Not really a lot I mean, its not basic though) pero tuwing umaalis ako eyeliner lang din ako with a little pop of color.. masaya na ko. :)

Junjun said...

You are just so gorgeous! >u< This is such a cute and casual look, and you pull it off so flawlessly~ >u<

Stephanie Lee ♡ said...

I love this look :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks~! :)

Erica M. Baylosis said...

super ganda mo mgdamit ate ada :)

Belinda Ibanez said...

Like your look! Thanks for the secret tip/techniques.

Ada Agupitan said...

haha thanks :) Paminsan-minsan lang 'to kapag feeling-KSP ako LOL.

Ada Agupitan said...

No prob! Everyone's faced with that not-matching-foundation problem once in a while. At least we can salvage the look!

sherry ann gole cruz said...

super pretty...

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Sherry Ann! I think it's really all about owning your own personal style~! Every girl is pretty haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...