Dior Lipstick LA Collection: #368

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christian Dior Addict Lipstick from Dior Lipstick LA collection #368Hey guys! Another lazy blogging day. Been really busy, but I haven't forgotten about you guys!

I'm back with another review of another Dior product I've accumulated in my collection. This one (#368)I got from a set of 5 (the others I have given away or left at some other location), so I'll concentrate on this one instead.

Christian Dior Addict Lipstick from Dior Lipstick LA collection #368

This one came from the LA collection from a while back now, and like a lot of Dior's lipstick it's very sheer and lightweight, which some have found to be either really good or really frustrating where color pay-off is concerned.

Christian Dior Addict Lipstick from Dior Lipstick LA collection #368
Picture from Google Images

IMO, I love sheer lipsticks, because they're less heavy and drying on my lips (Dior lipsticks seem to be the inspiration for Lip Butters and more moisturizing and sheer formulas of lipsticks nowadays). But at the same time, my lips are pretty pigmented on their own, so I always have to either wear this on with my lips concealed or over a more opaque lipstick. Out of the five in the collection, this is my 3rd favorite. My first is the warm-toned red that comes with the collection, but I can't seem to find it D:

Christian Dior Addict Lipstick from Dior Lipstick LA collection #368

You can tell from the image above how sheer it is, especially toward the edges where the color isn't packed on. #368 is a warm toned pink which appears to have a blue undertone only because of the silver and pink glitter that comes with it. In all honesty, I wish Dior would stop with all the glitter. It totally takes away from the quality of the product, and what could possibly a wonderfully elegant lipstick turns into something that looks cheap and much too tacky for everyday wear.

Christian Dior Addict Lipstick from Dior Lipstick LA collection #368

I went to great lengths to get this picture at the right angle so you could properly see just HOW MUCH glitter is packed onto this lipstick. It's such a pity though because the color on its own without the glitter is such a lovely shade of warm pink that's actually wearable.

All in all, the consistency of the lipstick is great, but the glitter is more than a little off-putting. Hopefully, if I find my favorite shade of lipstick from this collection, I'll be able to share it with you guys x_x It's infinitely better.

In OTHER NEWS, I have another movie screening to attend tomorrow - this time it's Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters hahaha. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those movies where I'm just going to sit back, relax, and switch my brain off. Watch out for another review!
Get Quality Website Philippines

11 comments:

eyahnism said...

I love to watch hansel and gretel too.. :) Hmm.. I have a love-hate relationship with sheer lipstick and with a glittery shade as it doesn't really compliment my lips' color..But yes its non-drying, :) I love how sexy the lipstick is.

Katrina Rebecca Guzon said...

that's a problem I get too when buying sets. 3/4 of the set is all glittery lipsticks. and my lips are very dark all the glitter wont conceal that which is why I also get a hard time finding a good one. All the glittery shades that I have just looks like gloss on my lips, I agree with what you said, the color payoff becomes a pity because of all the glitter they put in. Love the packaging though :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah, I find it hard to pull off glittery lipstick with morena skin x_x pero nagagawa ko naman kahit papaano as long as there's a good base color. Glitter is so outdated, yet companies can't seem to stop producing products with it. I find it rather puzzlng. Owell. :P

Ada Agupitan said...

SO TRUE! You think it's such a rich color but in reality, it's just the glitter and the color doesn't really do anything. It's the same with eye shadows too sometimes. The good thing about this is that although it has glitter, like you said, the color is still somewhat there despite the sheerness. But I've seen cheap lipsticks where ALL of the color comes from the glitter. Talk about misleading packaging x_x

eyahnism said...

hahaha natawa ako dun ha..:) XD

Amandaaa said...

I think I saw these in Sephora! :] Dior's packaging is so beautiful I just can't seem to get myself to splurge on their products just yet though x] ahaha! This is such a pretty color though; if only there wasn't glitter overload :sigh: Hope you enjoy your movie screening!
riceysupreme.blogspot.com

wan winkle said...

now that looks hot 0__o !

i wish you a great week buddy ❤

ZyWorld said...

the color looks similar with my maybelline watershine lipstick.. it's sheer too!

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks amanda! Sorry for the late reply. Net's been ridiculously slow these past few days. Barely even got in my review in time to submit to the one who referred me x_x Commented on your latest post. GO LOOK!

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Wanny~ You look good in your recent posts too, but for some reason I can't leave a comment D:

Ada Agupitan said...

Ooooh, I haven't tried that. Maybe your lipstick is a cheaper and more accessible version of this. I'll go check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...