I'm back :o / Crazy Katsu Time

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ada Agupitan at Crazy Katsu Maginhawa
Oh hai there. Surprised to see me?

Grah it's been almost two months since I've last posted, hasn't it? I could keep going on and on about how hectic college life's been for me lately but I'm sure you've heard enough of that from me already haha (and you're probably going to be hearing about it a lot in later posts) but for now I'm on my semester break and I don't give a crap - I FINALLY HAVE SOME ME TIME TO SPEND.

OHOHOHO, I seriously CANNOT wait to get back to bloghopping. But to make my return semi-official I thought I'd make a post of sorts.

This has actually been sitting on my to-do-list for awhile, but I've always wanted to make a post on one of my favorite restaurants - one that I've been frequenting on those scarce lunchbreaks I get between lab classes.
Crazy Katsu!!!
Crazy Katsu Restaurant

Crazy Katsu or 夢中カツ (Muchuu Katsu) is one of those quaint shops that the college students and residents around UP Village/Teachers' Village would flock to during their spare time/when they had a sudden hankering for some simple but quality Japanese food. Now, they've recently opened a new branch at BF Homes and seem to be doing quite well business-wise - well enough to expand, and hopefully you guys get a taste of how awesome Crazy Katsu is :3

This post is about the branch located near my university at Maginhawa Street at Teachers' Village (#81 Unit I Maginhawa St., Teacher's Village U.P., 1101 Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines). I took the liberty of snapping some shots of the interior of the place. It has a homey feel which makes it very accessible to the likes of simple-eyed college students like me.

Crazy Katsu Bulletin Board

They have this bulletin board where you're free to post fanart and relevant ads. I haven't actually tried posting on here because we usually sit toward the back of the shop because it feels a bit cozier, but it's nice to have the option. They also have pictures up of their best sellers - gyoza (pot stickers), chicken katsu, pudding etc. I took a picture of their full menu as well and you can see that when you scroll down a little later

Crazy Katsu

They also sell some music CDs and compilations, and I'm not exactly sure how it works or how you get them to sell CDs but I think the owner is a big supporter of the indie OPM scene, so it's worth asking around :)

Crazy Katsu T-shirt

They also sell Team Manila Crazy Katsu shirts. I'd get one but the sizes are unisex and I don't exactly have a great history with unisex sizes as even the XXS sizes end up looking bunchy and boxy on me.

Crazy Katsu

I think on of the most iconic pieces in the interior of Crazy katsu has to be their wooden block wall decor. It's daunting, really, eating beside a piece of art that looks like it could probably skewer you after one false movement, but I really have come to appreciate it after the number of times I've come here to eat.

And what would Crazy Katsu be without its awesome food? I'm not exactly the richest of people so I couldn't really order one of each thing from their menu (oh how I wish I could), so I stuck to my all time faves from this place - Katsu Curry and a bowl of Miso Soup.

Crazy Katsu - Katsu Curry

Crazy Katsu - Miso Soup

What the establishment lacks in food presentation, it makes up for with taste. The Miso Soup is pretty straight forward and the Katsu Curry is a refreshing take on normal katsu. It manages to emulate what Japanese Curry is known for - its sweet, light, taste as opposed to the heavy viscosity of conventional Indian Curry.

Crazy Katsu Menu

There's a lot to choose from in their menu, all at reasonable prices, though I would highly recommend you stick to what they're named after - Katsu - because they prepare those exceptionally well. Their pot stickers/gyoza are also pretty good but the mixed vegetable/fish tempura leaves something to be desired.

You can go check them out and like them on facebook or alternatively check them out on their official website.

Yehp, so I guess that's it. This post officially marks my return and you can expect sporadic posts from me from now on. Unfortunately, I've had to cancel Mixtape Mondays for an indefinite amount of time. It's all liesurely blogging from me from now on. This way I keep myself less stressed and blogging will be what it truly should be - an outlet for my expression.

See you soon guys! And I can't wait to get in touch with all my old blog buddies :P Hopefully they still remember me D:
Get Quality Website Philippines

4 comments:

Erica M. Baylosis said...

nice :) sana mlapit nlang sa up ako ng aaral choss ^_^ hehe

Ada Agupitan said...

San ka nag-aaral? Gusto ko nga mag-food trip malapit sa ibang campus :P Para maka-explore naman ako lol

Erica M. Baylosis said...

sa sti munoz po :) hehe . always din kmi ng foodtrip ng mga klasmate ko :) hehe. kmakain kb street food ate ada ? like isaw , itlog ? haha mga ganun ba

Ada Agupitan said...

haha oo naman. Pero di ako kumakain ng isaw. Di ko lang siguro type x_x. Fave ko ang kwek kwek at kikiam. Paminsan-minsan, tokwa, pero depende sa lugar haha. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...