Art Post: The World Ends With You

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sorry for my absence the past week. TT_TT I miss being able to blog and comment on other people's blogs but somehow I can't even find the time for that. The funny thing is that despite that fact, I still managed to squeeze in a little bit of video game time. I know, I am such a video game geek.

This month I've actually found myself replaying one of my favorite DS games by Square Enix - The World Ends With You (TWEWY).

The World Ends With You by Square Enix

Because it's from Square Enix it has a very Kingdom Hearts feel to it and I'm a real fan of the art. It's just so edgy and comic-booky. And to make it even better, the character design and development is pretty awesome i my book. The story follows the protagonist, Neku Sakuraba and his journey of self discovery in a parallel universe set in modern-day Shibuya. The fact that it's set in Shibuya is pretty awesome, because aside from Harajuku, Shibuya's probably one of the places in Tokyo Japan that you'll find awesome fashion and all kinds of eccentric people.

My personal favorite characters are Rhyme and Joshua but their fashion in the story leaves more to be desired.



Joshua from The World Ends With You by Square EnixRhyme from The World Ends With You by Square Enix

In terms of fashion, my faves would have to be Neku and Shiki though I probably wouldn't be caught dead dressing that way now. In high school maybe, but now? No haha.

Shiki from The World Ends With You by Square EnixNeku from The World Ends With You by Square Enix

So instead I chose to draw, Shiki and Neku in my own style haha. 
Neku and Shiki - The World Ends With You Fan Art by Ada

I actually posted a preview of this on my Facebook Page a few weeks ago haha. I didn't think it'd take me so long to actually get it colored.
Neku and Shiki - The World Ends With You Fan Art by Ada

So as you can see, my style of drawing is monumentally different from the actual video game art, but I still think I was able to capture the characters well enough haha.

I really really really want to do some art of all the Reapers + Beat and Rhyme, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the time.

Meanwhile, why don't you guys give the game a try? It's pretty addictive, the food art'll probably make you drool and the fashion is awesome - an awesome testimony to what actual Shibuya is like. And you might just pick up some life lessons along the way.

Ada, signing out.

Get Quality Website Philippines

4 comments:

Dawnelia said...

best graphic, fashion and music ever, love this game! your art is fantastic too :)

http://blog.dawnelia.com/

y u k u . said...

I need this game so bloodily much!! Q_Q
Squear Enix always do so great work and I already was excited when I saw Neku in the preview of Kingdom Hearts 3D.
I need a new NDS.. but have no money for my N3DS-baby... ~~
Money can be such a sucker if you don't have enough of it.... Anyway.
I'm quite into gaming lately and I fell for Kingdom Hearts style long time ago. As I already told I actually love everything SE do, implicit.


Now to your work!
I really like your style. It was quite interesting to see the both of them in this more... natural way. I liked it and the quality of your drawings is really nice - as always.
I really should get started and practise drawing and stuff again so that I stop whining about how inept I am now. ;D

Unknown said...

Shiki looks so cool
luv your drawings ❤

ukatie251 said...

Wow! I am really impressed by your drawing skills!! Although I like to draw, I would never reach your level! This is really amazing!! Would love to see more of your drawings =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...