Earworm: 2NE1 - I love You

Saturday, July 07, 2012

So OMG, the video's finally out haha.



I don't know if it's the sadist within me, but I was really excited about this MV after hearing Sandara Park went through a dramatic image change for it. I'm very used to 2NE1 and their "dramatic" image changes - Bom's hair has undergone as much image evolution as her eye makeup has, and Dara's hair almost borderlines ridiculous most of the time -

2NE1 Sandara Park - Pineapple Hair

2NE1 Sandara Park - It Hurts Witch Hair

2NE1 Sandara Park - Palm Tree Hair

2NE1 Sandara Park - I am the Best Vegeta Hair
Really, YG, really?

But surprisingly, I find her hair transformation in this one one of the best so far. I've come to respect her even more after having found out that CL was the one originally intended to sport the style. I'd be lying if I said I'd have been brave enough to take the plunge and have the side of my head shaved off. But judging by how Dara received it, she's a true professional.

2NE1 Sandara Park New Shaved Hair - I Love You Hair2NE1 Sandara Park New Shaved Hair - I Love You Hair
2NE1 Sandara Park New Shaved Hair - I Love You Hair


It's the pefect balance between femininely pretty, tough, and somewhat high-fashion. I'll admit - this isn't a style anyone should try if they don't want to get stared at on the street, and it's not the most conventional of pretty hairstyles out there, but if they were going to put this hairstyle on any female Kpop Idol in the industry right now, I'm glad they did it on Dara.

2NE1 Sandara Park New Shaved Hair - I Love You Hair 2NE1 Sandara Park New Shaved Hair - I Love You Hair and Makeup
I mean, who else could rock a look like this? 


Dara is stereotypically known as one of the prettiest natural idols in South Korea at this moment. No one would even guess she's 27 unless people actually told them. I think as producers and as a company, YG is trying to take away from Dara's conventionally pretty image and 2NE1 already has the reputation of being not-your-conventional girl group, but I'm glad they took it one step further. But I'll go ahead and say it - I'm Dara biased, and Dara will probably look good wearing a potato sack with her hair in messy dreadlocks and black paint all over her face. I think it's 2NE1's stylists' personal goal to TRY and make Dara look bad, but it's like they're thwarted by her beauty every time haha.

2NE1 Sandara Park New Shaved Hair - I Love You Hair and Makeup
You mad, bro?

The song in itself is pretty trance-y. Not a far cry from their usual music but a welcome change nonetheless.

And can we please spare a moment of admiration for the awesome fashion and makeup in this video? I think it's been a recurring trend that 2NE1's music videos tend to verge on fashion video-editorials with their production. It's like whenever I watch a 2NE1 video, the first play is always dedicated to listening to the song and the second and subsequent plays are just me pausing the video admiring the styling, clothes, makeup and their nails.

THEIR NAILS.

2NE1 Minzy I love You Nail Art

2NE1 Park Bom I love You Nail Art

2NE1 CL I love You Nail Art

2NE1 Gong Minzy I love You Nail Art and Makeup

2NE1 Park Bom I love You Nail Art

2NE1 Minzy I love You Nail Art and Makeup

Yep, I think I pretty much had an eye-gasm at how wonderfully crafted their nails are in this video. It's sad that the only closeup we missed were Dara's nails. We only get a glimpse of them in passing, but I'm sure they were just as intricate and pretty.

Right after their nails, I feel the need to spaz about 2NE1's styling. This is definitely not something people wear everyday, but if you take bits and pieces of the crazy out-of-this-world stuff 2NE1 manages to call clothes, you might actually find a diamond in the rough.

2NE1 Minzy I love You styling and makeup

2NE1 Park Bom I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 CL I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Darak Park I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 CL I love You styling, shoes

2NE1 Sandara Park Dara's I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Minzy I love You styling, hair and makeup


And I think it would be an understatement to say that 2NE1's makeup is always to die for. I hate it when people say that they always wear over-the-top makeup to cover up their inadequacies. To some extent, it may be true, but I personally think it's just their style, and they rock it. Leave them be.

2NE1 CL I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Park Bom I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Minzy I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Park Bom I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Park Bom I love You styling, hair and makeup eye lashes

2NE1 CL I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Minzy I love You styling, hair and makeup

2NE1 Park Bom I love You styling, hair and makeup

So all in all, great song, wonderful video and fantastic job, 2NE1. I know I might forever be YG biased, but I truly did enjoy this video and their outrageous style.

2NE1 - I Love You

How 'bout you guys? Did you guys enjoy this video and song as much as I did? haha

Ada, signing out.

P.S. Sorry for the picspam :P
Get Quality Website Philippines

16 comments:

Eriinnye said...

I absolutely love this song and just watched the video for the first time. I don't know why people don't like Dara's hairstyle - she looks amazing with it! Not everyone would look as beautiful as she does with a half shaved head! :D

Ada Agupitan said...

So true, so true. I doubt anyone else in the industry would dare sport such a hairstyle. Dara, daebak! Thanks for commenting! :3

y u k u . said...

2NE1 are honestly the only Korean girl band I look up too.
No wonder I just can confrim everything you just wrote. They have such a great style - in this video again and seriously I don't get why people beef about this hairstyle-issue.
Dara looks absolutely gorgeous with it and I'm sure there is hardly anyone who would look so good with it.
I like the song and the whole video too. Nothing to add actually.
Just that I'm more obsessed with their hair, make-up and clothes than with their nails but they look really amazing though.
I do - if I do - my nail art by my own so I know how much work this means. It's astonishing. *-*

Ada Agupitan said...

When it comes to groundbreaking fashion, style and music, no one does it like 2NE1. Sincerely hoping they make it big in the US and everywhere else so they can do a worldwide tour. And not just those tiny ones confined to Asia either.


:D Thanks for commenting :3

wan winkle said...

that Dara girl would be pretty even with all her hair saved off
and i love all there pics.❤

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

ive seen her shaved hair like a week or 2 ago and i loved it! i mean seriously finally her hair is fierce it was so ridiculous before on her videos like those styles above hehe, love this share, i shall re-share <3

~aiMee/aMz, http://amz88.blogspot.com/

crystal said...

Korean girl always look so great~~ everything including make up and outfit....ect. I Like SNSD!! xd

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? She can do no wrong haha. Thanks for commenting Wanny, even though you aren't entirely a Kpop buff haha :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah, they always manage to pull off the weirdest fashion! SNSD is awesome too, but in a more conventional classic beauty type of way :D Thanks for commenting! :D

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks aMz :D She pulls it off so well :P I wonder how all her celebrity fangirls are reacting though ahaha

Daydreaming Teacup said...

I just watched the new MV yesterday. I'm out-of-touch with KPOP but I noticed that their song reminded me of one of Gaga's! Like you said their style is very different but great all the same. I was hoping they'd pop up on Running Man but they won't be ):

Ada Agupitan said...

A lot of songs in the same genre sound the same lately - it's a combination of chord progression and synth usage I think, but overall, the songs do have their own spice to it :P


2NE1 has stated so many times before that they have a fear of variety shows. Like the one time Sandara Park went on Family Outing with UEE, she was sooooooo awkward hahaha. I don't think they need to be on variety shows to get exposure - they get enough of that with talkshows like Strong Heart, but it WOULD be fun to see them on shows like Hello Baby and Running Man (like Big Bang), but as expected, 2NE1 is at their best when they're in their element - on stage and performing as opposed to trying to fit in a variety show built on gags haha.


Still really hoping for Dara on We Got Married though :P She's almost an ahjumma. She needs a husband fast hahaha

Ayaka Shiroyama said...

Hmm, I don't know but to me 2ne1 just doesn't seem to interest me anymore, it's like I've fallen out of love with me. What a bad fan I am XD It's an ok song not my favorite though. Doesn't Dara look so much more mature? Like she's breaking out of her gawky stage and into a more feminine mature style. Their nails were really nice especially Minzy's nails that imitated cherry blossoms on her nails, love!

Ada Agupitan said...

No, it's fine. Stuff like that happens haha. I fall in and out of fandom a lot and it's really up to the artists themselves to get our attention, right? :P


thanks for commenting! :3

Yuri said...

I love how you analyzed this video because I honestly didn't notice the nails D: but they look so pretty! I love Minzy's. As for Dara's hair, I LOVE IT. haha but I think it's because I've seen it a lot of Tumblr and was like "wow they look good with that hair" I was thinking of getting it but my parents would kill me and I thought it would be a pain in the ass when trying to grow it out to the rest of your length -__- haha. I think Dara rocks it though :3

Ada Agupitan said...

LOL. Not just anybody can pull off hair like that LOL. That's sort of what makes 2NE1 special, huh? :P I don't mind random comments at all :P Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...