Wishlist: Avengers Inspired Fashion

Sunday, June 24, 2012

This is late, and these pictures have been sitting around on my hard drive for ages and I have spent an equal amount of time just admiring them by myself but I felt I should share them for all you possible fangirls and/or fashion enthusiasts out there. That is if you haven't already seen them from tumblr.

(these aren't mine. found them on tumblr; source: character-inspired-fashion.tumblr.com)

Let's start of with Thor Odinson

The Avengers: Thor Odinson Inspired Fashion

When I think Thor, the first thing that comes into my mind is Mjolnir, Chainmail and Ad Campaign-worthy hair. And while this ensemble lacks the godly hammer and hair, it does bring out the best highlights of Thor's movie getup, although the accessories would have done a little well with some silver feather accessories reminiscent of Comic book Thor. The Norse-ish (is it Norse, I can't tell) ring looks pretty badass too though and the boots and tights are right up my ally style-wise. Problem is that his set isn't very tropical country-friendly and I'd most likely only find myself wearing something like this out to a smart-casual shindig.


And now that we have tackled the more burly of the two Asgardians that hold my affections, let us proceed with Loki Laufeyson, by far my favorite of the two.

The Avengers: Loki Laufeyson Inspired Fashion

Okay, so here we have another cozy looking outfit and the very ornamental looking accessories really do bring out the evil sorcerer/dictator out in everyone. I think my favorite piece of these (aside from the boots. Everyone knows I love boots) are probably the earrings. You know what? I even saw a similar pair a few weeks ago at Forever 21. Now I'm really tempted to spend for them haha.

Unlike the two Asgardian 'brothers' however, Hawkeye's tastes are obviously more subdued.
The Avengers: Hawkeye Inspired Fashion

The little bow and arrow charm is a bit too Hunger Games for my liking, but get me the same piece in sterling silver and it would be perfect. The armcandy is also very much to die for, and even if it weren't part of the set, I would definitely splurge for it on my own accord.

And let's not forget Natasha Romanov, a.k.a. Black Widow.

The Avengers: Black Widow Inspired Fashion

This set is a little too black for my liking and it would have done a lot better with even just a hint of red here and there. The Bullet bracelet is awesome though, and I would so totally rock that leather jacket if it weren't so scorching in the Philippines right now.

And now for my favorite Avenger, Iron Man. From here, the fashion gets sort of hipster-ish (which I like, but I'm not sure about you guys).

The Avengers: Iron Man Inspired Fashion

I think of all the sets, this one (as well as The Hulk's and Captain's) are the ones I would most likely wear out IRL. The polish is something I already have in my collection and I am a big fan of aviator shades. I love how the ring is a representation of the arc reaction, but I would have much preferred its representation to be a necklace of some sort.

Of course, after Iron Man, comes Captain America, my second favorite Avenger.

The Avengers: Captain America Inspired Fashion

I love that both Iron Man's and Captain's set have little beanie hats. Those types of hats are an aspect of hipster fashion I've always loved but have never really gotten to rock as much because of the heat of my country in addition to my overly-long hair. I think of all the snembles, this is my favorite because everything in this set, I would actually wear. I love the earrings, and the necklace and the simple bracelet, and if I could get my hand on those boots, I could probably die happy, haha. Plus, I already have a top just like that, but I never thought of using it in a set like this. Hmmm, maybe I should consider it.

Last but not least we have the most endearing of them all, The Hulk.

The Avengers: The Hulk Inspired Fashion

I find it ironic how chill The Hulk's fashion set is despite the burning rage that surrounds his entire character's being. I love Converse and a loose tee and shorts are definitely something I would wear. I'm just not so sure about the nail polish. The hat and watch though? Perfect.

I'm a bit sad that the creator of this didn't include Nick Fury. I would totally rock a long leather trenchcoat and an eye patch, don't you agree? Hahaha. Okay, maybe not, but it still hurts my fangirl ego for him not to have been included.

That aside, I am sincerely in love with the Thor, Loki, Iron Man and Captain America ensembles and have made it my goal to try and build a similar wardrobe based on characters that inspire me.

Who knows, it might become a new hobby of mine. That is if I get the income to support it :P Which ones are your favorites? Are you an Avengers fangirl too? Tell em about it!
Get Quality Website Philippines

9 comments:

Dawnelia said...

what an amazing compilation of clothes based on the heroes! I would totally wear iron man's set :) but I also love the pair of earrings from the widow's set <3

http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com

y u k u . said...

These outfits are just amazing. I like the Captain's and Iron Man's coord the most.
In fact also Thor and Loki would suit my style in some way or at least I'd be motivated to try them out.
I'm deeply ashamed to admit that I haven't watched any Avengers movie yet (watched my brother playing some avengers inspired PC game longer time ago anyway) but I started fangirling the past weeks though. ;b


.... (I really should search this game he played!)

Ada Agupitan said...

*Insert Dramatic Gasp Here* You should totally go check the movie out! While I understand not everybody has an affinity or liking for super heroes, The Avengers was definitely one of those movies that I think everyone, even people who aren't hardcore nerds like I am would enjoy :P Plus, the eye candy (Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey Jr, and even Scarlett Johansson) makes the movie well worth watching :P


Thanks for commenting! We seem to have the same taste in clothes ahaha. Glad to see I'm not alone in my quirky tastes :P


Ada

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? I feel like doing my own fashion compilation inspired by other characters as well haha. Thanks for commenting! :3


Ada

Jel said...

i love green so i will be bias with my choice haha i want hulk's outfit :p

kumicake said...

It looks so cool! The black widow one is my favourite (those shoes *q*). I'm a bit ashamed to say.... I have not watched the avengers yet x_x; But yeah, very nice job with the outfits ^-^


I'm from boring-daily-life.blogspot.com btw~

Ada Agupitan said...

Hahaha, I see where you're coming from :P Even I'm enticed by the color green (hence my layout). Thanks for commenting!

Ada Agupitan said...

Oh hey! Thanks for dropping by! It hadn't occurred to me that I misclicked and hadn't actually followed you yet, but no worries, I've followed you manually by adding your blog to my reading list.


All the shoes in the sets are amazing aren't they? I checked some of them out online and they're REALLY EXPENSIVE though D: I guess I'm just going to have to wish upon a star to get a pair haha.


Thanks again! Don't be afraid to drop by and follow if you see something that catches your eye :D

y u k u . said...

Super Heroes are super cool!
It's not like I don't have the tendency for fangirling with those. hehe


I'll watch the movie - I promise!
(but I can't promise when - I tend to forget things for months or just... kick them down the road a bit...) x)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...