Fangirl Friendships

Friday, June 08, 2012

So not-so-fresh out of my trip to Hong Kong, a few of you may know that I came from a Hey!Say!JUMP concert and bought some goods from the concert as souvenirs. Some of those I'm selling for reasonable prices over here.



As such I've been religiously doing meetups just to get fangirls their much loved goods and I must say I'm really happy for a lot of them and it makes me so giddy that I can share a piece of the experience with them in what little way I can. I think I've done that quite well with my incredibly unique concert experience. It's up to you to figure out what that was or if you already know about it, good for you :P

I've forgotten how fun it is to just randomly fangirl an obscure talent that nobody knows much about. It's a lot different from when you fangirl about mainstream fandoms, much like I do with The Avengers, Tom Hiddleston, The Hunger Games Trilogy, etc. Nope, when you're fangirling a Jpop band, especially one from Johnnys & Associates, where substantial online and hard-copy content is hard to come by internationally, it's hard to get in touch with some real fangirls and even more so those you can genuinely relate to and befriend.

Sometimes, being in a fandom is lonely, but then you realize you're not alone in the world online, and it feels even better when you befriend people in your fandom IRL.

I'm one of those lucky fangirls, not just in a sense that I got to see the band face-to-face but more so in the sense that I have actual IRL friends that share the fandom with me. I don't know, but there's something about flailing about Japanese boys with your friends that makes you appreciate whatever you're fangirling over much more haha.

Today I got to fangirl, even if just quite a bit, with my friends and classmates in college, and suddenly I don't feel so alone. :3

I know we all looked like lovesick idiots, but it's less embarrassing when you're not alone ahaha.

Next time we should all go to a concert of theirs together and you guys can drool over Yamada and Takaki in the comforts of your own country haha. Here's to hoping for a concert in the Philippines! But until then, at least in a little way, you have a piece of the concert with you now :P

Thanks guys!
Get Quality Website Philippines

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...