Review: Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot

Friday, November 01, 2013

Hey guys! I'm back with another much requested review from my last Etude House Haul. Today I'll be reviewing Etude House's LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot.

Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot Review

So this blusher claims to be a prismatic multi-colored cheek blush and highlighter for expressing all the coors of the rainbow. I wouldn't say all the colors of the rainbow, but it's pretty close ahaha.

Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot Review

Like the packaging says, this is a blush-highlighter. If you're expecting a matte blush, you're going to be disappointed. This blush is shimmer galore! The back of the packaging gives you tips and instructions of how to use each color of the blush individually or how to use it mixed all together :)

Packaging, Durability Design and Quality
As always, Etude excels in its packaging with the cute girly ribbon accent in this chic blusher. The blusher is packaged with a good-sized mirror and the plastic isn't too flimsy either. It comes with a small brush applicator which is surprisingly soft. If it were a little bigger and denser, I could totally see myself using this everyday, but because it's so small, it's only ever good for light application or touch up.

Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot Review

Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot Review

The blush itself comes in five shimmery colors within the range of peach-apricot colors. There'a  pink, peach, apricot, light orange and champagne colors all arranged in a cute rainbow design on the palette of the blush. If there's one thing that the small brush is good for, it's for isolating each color so you can use it on its own, or mixed together with other colors! The shades range from a semi-deep peach to a nice light one for a highlight, so there's a lot you can play with when going for more dimension in the face.So technically, this blush is almost a five in one (more if you consider the permutations when you mix and match the colors).

Color, Finish and Pigmentation
I'd say this blush is pretty decently pigmented. The colors are very subtly different from each other, but what's really noticeable is the distinct sheen each one gives! This blush gives a lot of glow, so if you're into that nice fresh glowy look, this is the blush for you. I wouldn't wear this out in broad daylight however because the shimmer, although very fine, is a bit dense and can be a little overwhelming in direct sunlight. I wouldn't wear this out on a sunny day lest I be mistaken for a Cullen.

Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot Review

When mixed together, the colors give a very 3D glow that gives flat planes body and volume. You can see this effect pretty well on the back on my hand, but it works wonders on the cheeks themselves. However, because this blush is so shimmery, it also has a powdery consistency to it, thus you can expect a lot of fallout on the palette itself. If you're using a brush ake sure to dip into the blush with a light hand to avoid the mess!

Below you can see how the blush looks when used s a highlighter on my cheeks (mixed all together) and with the darkest pink on the hollows of my cheek. The color isn't very noticeable because I have very yellow toned skin, but it's enough to give my face a nice natural glow. This color will probably show up better on people with lighter and pink toned skin :)

Etude House LUCIDarling Over the RainBlusher in #03 Apricot Review

Another use that I've found for this blush is for highlighting collarbones and parts of your neck/body which you want highlighted in pictures or for formal occasions. I've used this blush on more than one occasion for my collar bone and shoulders when wearing a strapless dress :)

Alternatively you can use this or the champagne color that comes with it for more subtle highlights on the nose, cupid's bow, ears (yes! you can highlight parts of your ear) and browbone.

So what do you guys think?

Look forward to more posts! And have a happy long weekend everybody!

Ada, signing out.

Follow me!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Bloglovin
Get Quality Website Philippines

8 comments:

Donna Dawn Doneza said...

That packaging is so cute. That rainbow design brings out the kid in me. :D Too bad it's too shimmery. I'm not sure I can pull it off.

www.keepcalmandbeautify.blogspot.com

Amandaaa said...

Wow that close up on the product on your cheeks is realllyyyyyyy glittery! It reminds me of those spray on glitter things they used to sell haha! I think it's a great idea that you used it as a highlight when you wear strapless dresses! I bet it looks lovely in pictures and such ^__^

Camille L said...

I like the way it highlights the cheekbone, great review!
Anyways, I would like to invite you on my giveaway: http://secretsofcamille.blogspot.com/2013/10/birthday-countdown-giveaway-open.html

Mira said...

Hi Ada!
I just wanna let you know that I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award.
Check out my blog for more info!

xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

JUST.SO.APRIL♥ said...

it looks like an good highlighter, but it seems a little to shimmery.


Justsoapril.blogspot.com

Oliwia Zofia said...

It look really nice. :)

http://oliwia-zofia.blogspot.com

Stella Ronnakittipisut said...

OMG how adorable! Etude House always impress me with their packaging :D Nice review!


blushindaisies.blogspot.com

JUST.SO.APRIL♥ said...

The colours looks nice but it is a bit to sparkly for me! >< Thanks for the review!!

Justsoapril.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...