Review: Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Hey guys! Well the New Year's hype has somewhat passed (at least for me it has), so I thought I'd kickstart the year with something I've never really done before, which is review a perfume.

I'm one of those kids who was raised on an array of different scents. My mom was a perfume junky and my dad loved to pamper her with different perfumes he'd buy on the plane on his travels (Apparently, he's traveled on planes more than 500 times and his passport is unimaginably thick, so you can imagine the amount of time he spends browsing the in-flight shopping magazines).

In particular, my memories are filled with the memories of Christian Dior scents - Poison, J'adore, and Addict being the most prominent of the lot. I remember my mom allowing spritzes of her perfume on me for special occasions - parties, figure skating competitions and school ceremonies - which is probably why I've grown attached to the scents as well.

But as I grew my father's shopping escapades started to include hauls for me as well, which is why I now have a mini collection of Dior products that I hardly use because I feel like I'll waste them haha. One of the things my dad goth me however was Christian Dior's Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet.

Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet 100 mL natural spray vaporisateur eau toilette and 7.5 mL refillable travel spray  de voyage remplissable

You can't tell because it looks practically unused, but I received this quite a while ago in 2011 or early 2012. I've only really been using the travel spray on the far right, but I've grown to love the scent still.

I can't exactly vouch for how well I'll be reviewing this perfume, but I'll try to give it a run down to the best of my ability. The best way I can describe this is exactly how it's named: a blooming bouquet. I've actually been quite fond of the Miss Cherie line Dior has been putting out and owned a small version of the original, which had more of a vanilla-y sweet undertone to it, but this one is markedly different.

Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet 100 mL natural spray vaporisateur eau toilette and 7.5 mL refillable travel spray  de voyage remplissable

While most Dior scents have been stereotyped to be for the posh jet setter or a more mature audience, I think the Miss Dior line gives somewhat of a compromise between its posh, elegant aura and the tastes suited for a younger audience. The scent itself is very light and youthful, not overbearing and perfect to wear if you're going for a more innocent vibe. I could compare it to a more intense, long lasting and permeating Johnson's Baby Cologne, but that wouldn't be doing it any justice, really.

I'm not an expert, so I can't really pick out specific notes for the scents used, but I think the scents that stand out are definitely floral, mixed with a bit of citrus for freshness. Probably rose or peony. It's definitely not one of those bakery-sweet smells that tend to make you lethargic. In fact, it's rather invigorating, perfect for the spring or summer (or the Asian climate in general). Where staying power is concerned however, it leaves more to be desired. But one thing that makes up for it is that it stays true to its scent (even under err, sweaty conditions). I've had experiences with perfume that just turned plain mucky with a little bit of sweat, but this one, while it does need touching up, at least keeps its floral scent.

Plus, the packaging isn't too shabby either: You get 100mL of the natural spray (it actually looks like more if you ask me), plus a refillable 7.5mL travel spray which you can refill yourself out of the 100mL or from a newly purchased bottle.

Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet 100 mL natural spray vaporisateur eau toilette and 7.5 mL refillable travel spray  de voyage remplissable

The more youthful packaging with the bow definitely tips you off to how different this scent is from those like J'adore or Poison. I'm probably just a shallow immature little girl, but I squealed when I first opened this up. It's just too adorable lol.

One thing that I'm definitely thankful fore is that this set comes with a Refillable Travel Spray (and instructions on how to refill it yourself), so I don't necessarily have to lug a perfume bottle around just to stay fresh. Plus, it makes air-travel and packing a helluva lot easier. The cute exterior is also a plus. It makes you feel really posh bringing it out in a hotel bathroom and having girls ask you where you got it LOL.

Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet 100 mL natural spray vaporisateur eau toilette and 7.5 mL refillable travel spray  de voyage remplissable

To be honest, I've really only been using this baby up, a few spritzes on my temples and wrists on special occasions, and I'm set. I'm surprised I haven't run out yet, but judging by how heavy it feels in my hands now, I'm not far from having to refill it. I guess I can rely on my dad on that aspect since this alone is way out of my student budget. I don't even have to ask and he comes up with new lipglosses and travel kits for me and my mom x_x Sometimes I wonder where my dad gets the sense to buy these things. He's the major source of all my mom's cosmetics after all LOL. Every girl definitely needs to find a man like my dad (if only they were so common haha).

All in all, I definitely recommend this perfume to the younger ladies out there if you're ready to venture out for a more heftier priced perfume. If you're pressed for cash, they sell these in smaller sizes and without the travel spray if I'm not mistaken, and honestly, a little goes a long way so it's a good investment (especially if your potential Mr. Right is fond of the smell as well haha).

Hope you enjoyed this review! It's definitely something different, but hey, change is good :P

Ada, signing out!
Get Quality Website Philippines

19 comments:

eyahnism said...

What a wonderful dad you have! cheers to our dads! Me naman, my dad help me clean my make up brushes :) hihihi

Amanda C Diary said...

Your dad has incredible taste! My dad used to come home from buisiness trips with plushies ^_^ ahahaha! My goodness the packaging is absolutely amazing!! Btws, you won my giveawaayyyyy! Check yo emaaaail ^°^ woooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Jessica Alberto said...

Wow, your dad is so lucky to be able to travel so much, I'm amazed! Ha ha. Miss Dior Cherie looks so pretty :]

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah. His job sort of calls for it eh. We miss him lots when he's away though :) Thanks for dropping by~ Are you from UP too?

Ada Agupitan said...

Oo nga eh. Super lucky to have supportive parents :)

Caro said...

how good is your dad is :) i have no idea y am so lazy to use any perfume even though i have one mac jacob daisy = = i think am too lazy to be a gurl ~ anywhere the perfume look good

Ada Agupitan said...

I know how you feel. Perfume is perfect for special occasions though :)

Shari said...

i had a sample vial of this and it was suuper bango nga! I love it :) But Im still a loyalist to my Elizabeth Arden Green Tea :)


Happy new year Ada!

Ada Agupitan said...

:o haven't tried that yet. Check ko when I get the chance~ :) Thanks for dropping by!

Armel Madsen said...

what a sweet dad :)

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? :) I'm very thankful for my supportive parents haha

Unknown said...

Pretty! My dad does the same thing too and he's getting a Dior one for me this time :)))

★PANDA-AGENDA★ said...

My dad does the same thing too! :)

Ada Agupitan said...

Dads are just so awesome and caring that way aren't they? Thanks for dropping by! It's an honor~ :3

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

buti p dad mo :)) last time my dad bought me perfumes ugh..but one time he bought me Cool Water :D my mum bought me this one lols :P lately i dont get any :/ yrs ago p un e XD

http://amz88.blogspot.com

Ada Agupitan said...

Lol I don't think I could finish this in a year so kahit every 2 years lang bumili yung dad ko okay lang. Pero marami pa talagang nakatagong perfume sa cabinet ng mom ko na never pa nagamit. x_x sayang. owell :P

♠ aiMee Bunbun ♠ said...

ng uubos ng saken mga sis ko pero my Dad also buy for them, ginagawang body spray un perfume :/ kids kc :))

Sílvia Ávila said...

You have a cool dad :) I love Dior

Ada Agupitan said...

Yeah. He's the best haha :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...