OOTD: Cozy Blue

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Whoo~ I'm back with another outfit of the day. This was from quite a while back, mid-November when the weather was just starting to gain some semblance of coolness to it. And by coolness, I mean it's at most 24 degrees in the morning as opposed to the usual 30+. Thus I, being the eager beaver that I am, was excited to finally be able to wear this cute little blue knit sweater my aunt got me from XXI.

Blue knit sweater XII OOTD

I know blue isn't the typical color for a sweater but it was just so eye-catchingly bright. I've always had a thing for brightly colored sweaters, I just never could get the chance to wear them with the weather here in the Philippines, but considering that the days are getting colder, plus the fact that almost all my classes are being held in frigidly air-conditioned rooms, I finally got to put this baby (and hopefully more of my warmer clothing) to use. Surprisingly, even when worn out in the sun, this sweater didn't feel too hot. Probably because of the aeration of the holes. But it did keep me quite cozy during class and in the cold mornings.

Blue knit sweater XII OOTD

Sweaters are so incredibly easy to style with simple accessories. The necklace I have on is actually one I got free from a dress I got in Bangkok. The simple rustic feel does wonders with the brightly covered sweater. It also went pretty well with coral hair accessories and a belt contrasting the cool tones of the blue. Since I was so covered up on top, I decided to balance it out with some denim shorts, and my favorite boots. It makes for a pretty canvas of color, really :P

Blue knit sweater XII OOTD

I've been doing my hair in braids quite often recently. I think I'm starting to get a hang of the technique. While it would usually take me thirty minutes to muster a decent looking french or dutch braid, I can actually do one in under 15 minutes now hahaha. It's far from the ideal, but hey, it's progress. Also, excuse the flatness of my bangs in these pictures. They sorta lost their volume throughout the day, plus I didn't actually do anything to them to make them look more bang-like lol.

Now that December's here, are there any fashion pieces you think are more appropriate this time of year? Feel free to share down in the comments. I love exchanging ideas with you guys haha.

BTW, just another reminder to go ahead and join Amanda's Giveaway! Check it out below by clicking on the pic below~!


Ada, signing out.
Get Quality Website Philippines

15 comments:

GiGi said...

I love the short-sweater combo too!!! Though, I wouldn't wear it right now cos it's freezing in Italy!! lol

Jessica said...

I think that's a great color for you!

Amandaaa said...

super cute outfit once again Ada :D <3
and ohh my! another shoutout?! you're too kinddddd! thanks :3
riceysupreme.blogspot.com

GeorgiaNeko said...

Blue is a surprisingly good colour for sweaters~
Such a cute outfit... ^-^ ♡
Where are you that's so hot in November!? :o
The hairstyle suits you nicely too....! I have really long hair so I often style mine to the side as well~

Ada Agupitan said...

Oh how I wish it would be colder down here in the Philippines haha. I have all these thermal tights and nowhere to wear them to :P

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks Jessica~

Ada Agupitan said...

No prob. I doubt my blog brings a significan influx to yours, but hey, I can try right? :)

Ada Agupitan said...

I know right? I love blue <3 I live in the Philippines, a tropical country near the equator. The coldest it gets here is like 18 to 20 degrees celsius and that's only in the mornings of January or February D:


I love doing my hair up in side braids. It's so convenient, especially for people with long hair like us :)

wan winkle said...

the outfit looks so lovely , blue suits you very well ❤
and so lucky to have warm weather , it's like -20 here where i live ~~~ i'm jelly

Ada Agupitan said...

Well I'm jelly as well :)) I've only ever seen snow twice in my life. It'd be nice to live somewhere with four seasons haha. Thanks wanny~

Amandaaa said...

actually i've gotten quite a few entries from your efforts ^^ <3

sherry ann gole cruz said...

you're so pretty,cute blue outfit

Ada Agupitan said...

Thanks! :) I've been using this sweater a lot lately, especially with the rainy weather :P

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

so cute <3 few months ago i wanted a lilac sweater similar to this one but i couldn't find "the one" hehe <3

Erika Rodriguez said...

so pretty, and I love the blue sweater! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...